#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

He certainly stood up today.

In his top 3 games for the club

I’m so happy for him. Well done to work back to where he is at. I hope he continues on as he’ll be a huge asset and when in form the Belly-Joey ruck duo would be a threat to everyone.

Played well today against Mummy.Got to give him another few games and hope he doesn’t get injured again.

To take some positives out of tonight is to consider some of Belly’s excellent tap-work and all round efforts. Made some stellar tackling efforts throughout the game which left me surprised when reading his final tackle count of just 3.

Heppell hasn’t been fed that well since birth and owes Belly a beer (or an exotic cocktail).

Glad to see him hitting his strides before what will be a hugely important clash with Judas next week.

6 Likes

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

6 Likes

Bellcho took some good marks in defence

Mods should change thread title to #2 Tom Bellchambers - not over the Hille yet.

4 Likes

Crisp!

I don’t really rate belly but I’ve been happy to see he has got back some of his aggression. That’s what made him an exciting prospect early doors, a good effort today the luenberger competition seems to of been what he needed.

BEACHCOMBER

Besides playing well, he ran out the game better.

Capri pants did very well. Very happy for him!

Great game from Belly yesterday, his ruckwork was exemplary but to also get 2 goals was the type of thing he needs to keep his spot. Leuenberger will be putting massive pressure on him, and that is the best thing that can happen. He can’t rest on his laurels after 1 good game, because if he does he is straight back out.

1 Like

And we saw why they do :slight_smile:

One of my favourite moments from the game, was Belly grabbing Mummy from behind (here we go again) and chucking him aside like a doll.

3 Likes

Sounds like a witness statement.

2 Likes

And one of my least favourite moments was the free kick against him to Mumford that immediately preceded the free to DeBoer just before 3/4 time. Mumford is aggressive and pushes hard into ruck contests. Belly beat him doing the same thing. And the umpire decided he won too convincingly on this occasion and gave Mumford a free for being pushed when he was off balance. Everyone is criticising the DeBoer decisions (rightly) but the Mumford one was just as bad.

5 Likes

Give the guy some credit. He had more hitouts, disposals and goals then Mumford, supposedly one of the best ruckman in the comp. He played a good game yesterday, hope he keeps it up.

Only issue is that it seems like we’re playing Daniher more in the ruck than what we usually seem to.

3 Likes

I think that would back off a touch as Belly gets fitter, … but I also think Joey likes spending time there, … maybe not as much as last night, …but, I’d guess, and I mean guess, … 20 to 30% would sit quite well with him.

1 Like