#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

People tend to forget he has missed a lot of footy due to injury. So hence the inconsistent performances. Also, heā€™s a goal kicker, this is something that canā€™t be understated.

If we take a mark out on flanks looking to go long into fwd line then TBC drifting into that 40-50m zone directly in front is a great play.

We did it twice successfully and he dobbed both

If he doesnā€™t get used and a stoppage happens closer to goal then he can drift back outside 50 again to set up for the opposition long ball out.

1 Like

Travis Casserly said that??

Afl website has a staff writers opinion of AA worthy players on each list.

The two rucks mentioned are Mumford and Ryder.

TBC beats Paddy this weekend and heā€™s beaten the two best rucks in the land.

FWIW I will be over the moon if.he breaks even with Ryder.

fixed

3 Likes

Great to see Bellcho get back to the form he was in before he was injured in 2015. Was playing great footy that year in the ruck before he got injured.

1 Like

Reckon he was awesome today. managed to dictate to ryder where he could tap it. then just monstered around the contests.

the awakening of the ding donga?

Had a first row seat to a ruck work Masterclass from Ryder tonight.

Fortunately Ryder did his usual thing of going to sleep for the rest of the game, while Mr. Capri Pants kept up his intensity and posed a threat around the ground.

1 Like

Yeah played Ryder like a fiddle. Didnā€™t let him jump wherever he wanted.

Didnā€™t let Ryder dictate the game. Tommy constantly tried to break free and make Ryder follow him. Was really good in the one on one marking contests as well

Ryder 1 tackle and zero marks.

Sure Ryder has more talent, and at times was the only thing keeping Port even vaguely in it, but Tommy ended up beating him on score involvements and actually took some marks and made some tackles.

Its that paddy ryder we saw for 90% of his games. doing sfa except jumping into a ruck contest.

3 Likes

Going in hard. He was hitting blokes all night, it was great

1 Like

Yep, I think Ryder won the taps and tap quality, but in everything else he was pantsed.

The major differences between Belly and Leuy are his contested marking, and what he does when he has it. Belly is a pretty good field kick, and a good decision maker. When he gets it in the chain, he moves it on quickly to a generally good place with a good handball or kick. When Leuy gets it, youā€™re never quite sure what heā€™ll do with it.

He looked pretty annoyed when he marked it on the goal line and had to give it up because of JDā€™s early leap as well. Heā€™s a real danger up forward.

2 Likes

showed a bit of mongrel last night, which i think he really needs to do on a more consistent basis

needs to assert himself

3 Likes

Leuey plays like heā€™s the only one playing netball in a basketball game.

2 Likes

I have been a Bellchambers skeptic. For a long time. I have to concede he looks a different player to me - his intensity at the contest is sharp, he looks fit and his hands have always been quality. I have always dismissed Tom due to his propensity to shirk contests physically for a big bloke. I am seeing a different footballer the last few weeks - I wonder whether it is career motivating to have Matthew Leuenberger waiting in the wings - I imagine it probably is.

tldr: Fantastic to see Tom fit and ensuring his 105kg frame is being used. Clunking and goals will follow if he stays in the team this year. And I am a Leuenberger fan.

1 Like

Bellchamberā€™s form makes our team so much more resilient as we approach the back end of the season. His ability forward would mean heā€™s a solid option if one of the talls becomes injured.

If we need to fill a KPF spot, Leuey comes in and TBell goes forward.

If we need to cover a KPD, Hooker goes back, TBell forward, Leuey ruck.

Clearly it isnā€™t our preferred best 22 and I donā€™t expect we will try it voluntarily. It does allow us to hold our structures and maintain a high calibre of talent across the ground for a week or 2 while a player is rested or injured.

2 Likes

Played well, threw his weight around. Looks like Joe has to go into the ruck a bit more than when Looney is playing. But I think thatā€™s shown to be a fair trade off,

FFS no