20 Best Servants of the "Modern" era

A bit of AA style position manipulation there.

But that's only because there are only 20 EFC players who have racked up 200 games since 1966.

There are two players that are very lucky to have been selected to play alongside those other champions. Hint: they are the only ones not to have been in a Finals-winning (let alone Grand Final-winning) team.

Good idea, BMcV, but I, too, suspect that the "modern era" did not start in 1966, and regard the 200 games since then as a bit artificial. 

There are bigger positional issues, but for heavens sake swap Foulds and Harvey.

You can certainly make a case for that, but my logic went like this:

• I only had the 20 players from the website that had 200 games or more so I tried to fashion a team.
  • I was very happy with the forward line.
  • I was very happy with the half forward line.
  • I was very happy with the back line.
  • I was happy with the interchange.
  • I was happy with followers but I needed a true rover.
  • I liked Misiti in the guts and Ken Fletcher was a true wingman.
  • That left Vanders, Scotty, Harvey and Foulds.
  • Vanders and Scotty had spent long spells at CHB, with Scotty winning a bnf there.
  • Vanders maybe could have gone to the wing, or the bench with Hawker taking the wing and Harvey a HBF.

That leaves Foulds and Harvey, and as I was reminiscing with a bottle of red, I had fond memories of Harvey playing as a kid in the #38 on the wing in the 84 gf. In the same drunken moment, I had equally fond memories of Foulds' booming kicks out of the half back line at Windy Hill (and the crowd grunting as he kicked) so with two holes left, and two names to put in, that's how they fell!  It wasn't rocket surgery.

Play Harvey and Foulds on the wings,let Bomba take the bank flank,and push Fletcher back to play alongside his son.

Only the 200 game requirement is keeping a couple in this side for me. Mark McVeigh and Brent to be replaced by Dyson and Jobe soon.

No room for Barry Davis with 218 games? I am guessing because some of his 200 games were pre 1966 - he debuted in 1961.

Other 200 game players in that category are:

-Don McKenzie 1960–74 266 games

-Jack Clarke 1951–67 263 games

-Hugh Mitchell 1953–67 224 games

For those older than me how would they fit into the team?

Hughy for absolute courage, Jack Clarke for leadership and skill, Don McKenzie as a hard man and honest ruckman.