#20 Jackson “Jerrett” Merrett

I reckon Bird, Hocking, Howlett and Stanton are all more obvious. But barring a miracle I’d be delisting Jerrett as well.
If they want to keep someone for depth, I’d rather him than any of the other 4.

1 Like

If Zerrett came to the club and said “give him 3 years or I leave next contract” then I’d sign Jerrett up for 5 years.

9 Likes

Reckon there’s more than a few blokes in front of him. Definitely not in the best 22 at the moment, but has age a bit of versatility on his side.

1 Like

Barely managed a game last year for probably the worst Essendon side for 80 years, and can’t get a game this season.

Pretty sure that he doesn’t have much to offer.

1 Like

Life is full of choices.

Often players just aren’t good enough. He’s fits that category.

Stantong and Hocking have played this year and Howlett has a spot in the 22 atm.

You’d say if Craig Bird gets offered $100 a game to play the rest of the season at Aberfeldie and wanted to do it the club would probably happily release him right now, such is his prominence in Woosha’s plans evidently.

AFL site saying suspected broken leg. Anyone heard anything?

Really?

Would be a very harsh way to go out.

1 Like

Thanks for your service Jerrett.

1 Like

That’s ■■■■■■. I mean not so much from a senior term perspective but from a VFL and depth sense that’s terrible news.

2 Likes

Fractured Fibula (Facebook) Essendon FC News

Well, I guess we’re done here then. Disappointing way for him to bow out.

2 Likes

:anguished:

4 Likes

why does he have to bow out. What is he 23. Surely got some good footy left in him.
If Watson, Kelly, Stanton, Hocking, Howlett, Morgan go, that’s 5 changes to the list. Does he need to go?
Does Bird stay on the list?
If he has trade value, and we get something decent then sure, but don’t think we need to dump a guy who is still young and can improve

6 Likes

Not great news at all.

Take the rose coloured glasses off mate, some blokes just don’t make it

Hope he gets a gig with our vfl side next year

Sad news.

He’s contracted next year though isn’t he?

No.

Regardless of what happens to Jerrett I always felt he had tools to make it, and should’ve made it. Neat skills, some pace, good kick for goal, nimble.

Yet never seemed to find it enough at the top level, and drifted in and out of games often quite noticeably.

■■■■■ news yesterday, and realistically it probably is the end for him.

3 Likes