#20 Jackson Merrett

You’ve made some pretty big calls on here over the years.

If you are right on that one I’d say it’s the biggest call of all.

Even if he plays, I cannot see him “making” it.

LOL

1 Like

we don’t do well in the wet

7 Likes

Cue the Gary O’Donnell played 800 games of vfl before getting his crack at afl story as a reason to persist with jerret

2 Likes

LOVES a goal on Anzac Day

Sometimes I wish bomberblitz was like Facebook where you can react to comments - this deserves a haha fog. Hes done and dusted In my books

Personally I’m hoping that the two J’s - Jackson & Jake go head to head post Anzac Day.
The prospect of either putting in a four goal match winning performance or a Tropfest award winning cameo on the outer wing of fumbles, broken tackles, and falling over inexplicably is what makes footy so delightfully unpredictable.

3 Likes

You’re not dreaming that he’s a real chance to be in for it.

Got some good oil from a player last night.

1 Like

If fantasia doesn’t play he is the most like for like replacement

Seems the most obvious choice for Raz if doesn’t get up. And also if they feel Begley not providing enough pressure up fwd which had dropped off.

If we considering any defensively accountable roles on opposition HBF’rs perhaps also that. Could send him to Murray for Pies who has been creating a lot of drive for them.

All just about coming in and playing a role, just like the depth smalls for Hawks will do with Rioli & Poppy out.

He’s very good at the ‘out the back jack’ goal.
His delivery is sound, has reasonable pace and experience.

Makes sense as a ‘similar type’ replacement if Raz is out.

But for the love of baby Jesus, this IS his final year.

2 Likes

Ahh the old “Josh Green”

Gumb better with his hands than Joe.

1 Like

It dawns on me in the Begley-keeps-getting-games era we don’t have a go-to BRING HIM IN type.

Yep!

BRING

FRANGA

1 Like

God help us, I’d prefer Jake Long any day of the week.

I expect they will give Jerrett a crack, it will be a dismal failure (did he even get as touch v Willy?) & Jake will be given a go against Melbourne

1 Like

I heard Jake Long was injured?! May be wrong though.

He’s been named for the VFL team tomorrow

Oh please no

1 Like