#20 Jackson Merrett

He wasn’t our worst but why you would even play him defies logic. He’s clearly done

4 Likes

Looks like he’s going to get another opportunity against Melbourne. Needs to be more pro-active, much like Langford…and make things happen. Just a support act unfortunately

1 Like

Imagine playing in our team today. Nightmare. I thought he did pretty well all things considered. Plenty worse

2 Likes

That was a typical Jackson game. Started ok, faded when the heat was on. The comments then come: he wasn’t our worst… He wasn’t alone… Give him another week. What year is this again?

2 Likes

Agree 100%.

Had a set shot 40m out and couldn’t even make the distance in the first qtr. Fk me

He is not an AFL standard player. The fact that he has been on the list for so long is a deadset disgrace

2 Likes

as usual, horrible. i assume we kept him on the list in order to use a draft pick in this super draft rather than last year’s? doesn’t explain why he got picked today though. sorry jacko

1 Like

Yep, would have been a nice collect !

1 Like

Playing Jackson Merrett is conclusive proof that Essendon FC are a charity.
It should register as such so that membership fees become a tax deductible donation

3 Likes

The fact this guy is playing is the proof that we are tanking and have thrown in the towel on the season before ANZAC day.

1 Like

Or, you know, we need someone to fill the small forward role.

Smart footballer with the ball, dumb footballer without it. Doesn’t get anywhere near enough of it to be useful

When an out and out hack like him has played as many games as him you just know what a basket case we are

2 year extension on the table most likely.
We are too nice as a club and seem scared to pull the trigger on guys that should be moved on

how did he get resigned last year? bizzare

i honestly don’t know why we don’t just do away with an extra small forward and go a pure midfield considering how badly we’ve been beaten up in the midfield this year, adelaide sides excepted. but you know we won those because we were taken very lightly by them…

2 Likes

He is the most unassuming, invisible and useless footballer out there. That one where he fell into that Melbourne’s players back was just so fkn lazy but sums him up

2 Likes

Sums it up. Running out the back , 10 meters free inside the 50.
Drops mark, fumbles around.
Handballs to stewart whos now outside 50 and on a worse angle, slots it feom 50.

Theres the difference between a vfl player and afl standard player

Sleeps with the lights on

1 Like

No more. Please. De-Fkg-list now. Epitome of list clogger. We gave up Jenkins for the pick that snagged this gem.

1 Like