#20 Jackson Merrett

Jeeebus!
Did I farking say that?
Someone asked why he was picked. I explained why that was.

1 Like

How can you run that many ks and get nowhere near it…Coaching…that’s how

1 Like

I always find this line interesting.

I don’t agree with it.

Generally they draft players they believe already have the talent. So I assume what you actually mean is that they are good at developing the existing skill and ability of the player to get the most out of themselves, not that they were spuds and suddenly they were not spuds anymore?

1 Like

I corrected and explained whay I intended to say further on

Why the hell would you trade Green? Geez people on this site badly under-value this guy.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

Missed Green would have jagged a goal or 2.

3 Likes

Last season at EFC for this bloke.

by umpiring

2 Likes

I wish other posters on here would offer some constructive advice along the lines of HAP’s post rather than the abusive crap directed towards Jerrett. When you have an inexperienced younger player who has had some serious injuries and has come back and improved their fitness and form at VFL level, you give them a chance when it presents rather than destroying their AFL career without that opportunity. He’s not far off AFL level but it doesn’t seem he will take the next step. It’s unfortunate but I’m glad they gave him some games to see where he was at.
Of course a bunch of hindsighters on here will say they already knew this, but they are mostly the same types who suggested McKenna, Stanton, Melksham and Dean Wallis were not AFL level players.

7 Likes

Only one person in another thread looks like they had an understanding of Jerrett’s role in the side is to play a defensive role on Vince. Maybe it wasn’t to collect disposals and he completed his role if this is indeed the case. Worked hard to do so as well because of kms run.

He’s hardly inexperienced or young.
Could barely get a game in 2016 in an arguably worse team than at present.
One decent game years ago against a weak Carlton.

Reckon that’s more than enough evidence to write him off.

His two recent games have simply been icing on the cake

Before trading/delisting Langford I wouldn’t mind seeing how he goes with a consistent run at AFL level under his belt.

running away from the ball perhaps?

Goes where the ball isnt! Space filler and doesn’t help when he fumbles the few opportunities he is on the end of. Worst game he’s played - and that’s saying something

langers wont be delisted not a chance he will leave - hes talent to burn you dont loose that

Most people know he is talented and most are saying for him to get a decent run in the seniors to see what he is made of.

But apparently we like to pump games into Myers because, you know, protecting the kids.

1 Like

Only in the list because of Zac

Agree 100% - The footy industry will stress the IMPORTANCE of Development because it guarantees their jobs.

He had a poor one vs melbourne but what annoys me was worsfolds comments that he didn’t impact the game. Of course he didn’t. He was stuck in a forward pocket while we were getting flogged. Surely you’d give him a run up the ground when he does it in the vfl.