#20 Jackson Merrett

In the vfl on saturday he had 35 possesions. 12 marks and a goal. Why? Because he wasnt shunted in the forward pocket. He is a wingman.

He wont get another crack and he’ll never be a superstar but i rexkon he’d fill a role for a good team.

4 Likes

Big difference between VFL and AFL. I think Jackson has proven this point enough already

6 Likes

You are probably right, but unfortunately for Jackson, we are not that team. That makes me a bit sad, because I like him, both as a person and a footballer, but we are a way off being a good team that can use him.

1 Like

Can we sign him for 3 years to our VFL side? Not even joking, he’s a quality VFL player, just not AFL.

1 Like

BRING

That’s exactly what you said.

HIM

really hope he gets a chance this week

a chance to what?

1 Like

10 Likes

Anyone who suggests we should give this guy another senior game has essington ingrained in them

6 Likes

Fck me the guy has had a million chances, get your heads out of your arses. He’s fkn done

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

If everyone who’s put in as many bad games as Jackson has was not considered for selection this week, we’d only be fielding half a team.

Jackson Merrett not being offered another contract.

Essendon Football Club would like to thank Jackson Merrett for his commitment to the Club during his seven years with the Bombers.

The Club advised Merrett on Monday that he would not be offered a contract in 2019.

Merrett joined the Club with pick 31 in the 2011 National Draft and played 56 games in the red and black.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, praised Merrett for his efforts throughout his career.

“On behalf of the Essendon Football Club I would like to thank Jackson for his commitment to the club,” Worsfold said.

“The attitude and leadership he has shown both on and off the field is truly commendable. He has outstanding character and has helped to mentor and support the younger players on our list.

“Jackson is a highly respected player of this club and we wish Jackson all the best with his future endeavours.”

Source: email

So highly respected Blitz has given him 2 threads

10 Likes
8 Likes

That’s a big move for him, must have been a good deal.

Really pleased he is continuing, Benny obviously hunted him.

6 Likes

Yeah, sounds like Howlett played a fair part in getting him over. Good on him.

1 Like