#20 Jackson Merrett

I can see Jerrett opting to sign with the VFL team

At the very least you’d find quite a few teams considering him

Yep, he is quick, smart and and good kick. Probably lacks the hardness he needs, but as a HF with stint in the middle to a club like Carlton, Brisbane or North he would be fine and get a game.

I think he would offer us a lot but sadly don’t think he’ll get the opportunity. Much better option than green

Which is why I reckon he will stay on our list.

His trajectory has been nothing but upward in the ressies since they found where he fits, & will only continue to improve.

Just at the moment he is more than handy backup, and going forward will be at least that, but more likely demanding a senior spot by early next year if he continues as he is for mine.

He has taken his schooling time in the VFL on the chin, and has done, and continues to do, exactly what the Coaches ask of him.

My bet would be that the only way he leaves is if he wants to, and I don’t think he does.

2 Likes

I’m not at all surprised he’s ended up good, I was surprised how bad he was at the start of this year and I’m very surprised how quickly he’s found probably the best form of his career.

Ahm…look…you can’t eat him, ok?

2 Likes

I can see him playing with the Bombers in 2018.

The Cobden Bombers.

But seriously, I wouldn’t delist him. I’d trade him if he wanted to go and someone else wanted him, but keep him as depth otherwise. If we’re offloading a few veterans in a weak draft year, it might be worth hanging on on a one-year contract. I doubt Zac needs a stable pony though.

1 Like

Wasn’t he injured at the start of this year?

As fanciful as Dyson and a 3rd rounder

For similar type players (?) around the state leagues, I think I’d prefer to take any or all of the following before keeping Jackson Merrett

• Blaine Johnson (S.Freo)
  • Adam Sambono (NT Thunder)
  • Oskar Baker (Aspley)
  • Liam Ryan (Subiaco)
  • Sam Switkowski (Box Hill)

Reported that Port Adelaide are keen on him

Mind blown

Poor from EFC if it’s not been made official to members and supporters first.

Port surely can’t be serious letting Impey go who is a far superior player both fwd and back to then go and replace with Jerrett.

Good luck to him if we have cut him and another club gives him opportunity though.

Maybe @Scorpio will be proven right

1 Like

But he hasn’t been delisted?? Has he?? Club website doesn’t list him as a delisting in latest list listing article.

As far as I know list lodgement 1 is only on Oct 31 ( @SplitRound ?) so

I doubt he’s delisted yet, on the sly, but the club may well be feeling out interest, if we were to delist him.

Yup
Tuesday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Then the 9th, 27th and 29th of November.

Good luck to him. If he gets to Port it will improve both lists.

2 Likes

Jerret likely in that “hasn’t been delisted / hasn’t got a new contract” flux. If other clubs sound him out we shouldn’t really complain, especially if we’re keeping him in a holding pattern in case something better comes up.