#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

I do wonder how good Clarke really is. I mean the Dockers basically delisted him because they preferred a 64 year old Sandilands over him.

No, they delisted him because they now have Lobb to back up Sandihugelump, and even Hogan if needed.

1 Like

Hes garbage. I’m at a loss why we picked him up. I’d rather put Stewart in the ruck. Or NLM

They’ve said Lobb is playing forward. Hogan will play forward-mid. Neither will play ruck unless both Sandi and Hodor got injured

Their ruck division could have been Hodor-Sandi, or Hodor-Clarke, and they chose the pensioner

Sandi has been a great ruckman, and because he relies less on athleticism and more being a huge-lump-of-a-lad you would think that age will not weary him so much (think Harry Madden).

1 Like

That’s not right, they only got Lobb and Hogan this year.
They cut Clarke after 2017.

Their rucks this year were Sean Darcy (who looks a good kid - and probably takes over from Sandi), Apeness (meh) and Scott Jones (WAFL guy, who looks pretty meh as well).

That said I don’t think cutting your 3rd-in-line ruck - after he does a knee - needs a conspiracy theory explanation.

7 Likes

I think Apeness is gone now too

I think he’s going to be a good VFL ruckman.

1 Like

Yep

I think Draper would be a pretty good VFL ruckman myself

I think he is better than tom Campbell imo.

Adrian has often said the lack of quality young ruckmen is a concern for the game.

3 Likes

K
They cut Clarke after 2017. Not this year. He played WAFL this year.

Clarke is there to allow him to become a ■■■■■■ gooder than good AFL ruckman. Draper is a ripper imo.

2 Likes

Yep you’re right, I was mistaken about that

The guy from the WAFL, who we may or may not chuck on the rookie list at the last possible second… That guy might not be any good?

Say it isn’t so.

7 Likes

Yeah yeah. I know he’s not going to be a gun. I wonder whether he’ll be better option than McKernan or Draper if it comes to it. If the answer is no, then regardless of whether it’s a minimum wage rookie spot, we shouldn’t be signing him.

And I have no opinion either way on the question because who the fark watches the Dockers? Not me

Slightly better actual ruckman than McKernan, more likely to impact an AFL forward line than Draper.

To me, he’s insurance against TBell going down for a long time. A week or two here and there can be covered by any or all of McKernan / Joe / Draper. But that won’t work for a large period of time, and having a mature body who can play both ruck and forward is gonna help to some degree.

17 Likes

Exactly. Clarke would be under no illusions about his place in the pecking order. He’s the Leuenberger “break glass in case of emergency” replacement on our list. I’ve seen enough of Draper to know that he’s got a lot of talent and potential, but he’s some way off in terms of being ready to play in the AFL given what is required from the modern AFL ruckman these days…

6 Likes

It’s official …

15 Likes

oh.