#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

Darke and Zarke?

2 Likes

So the “free” part is the bit paid to any rookie. So effectively anything above standard rookie wages counts towards the cap. In effect, there is no saving compared to every other club.

That would be the logical way of doing it, which casts some serious doubt over whether that is in fact the AFL rule

4 Likes

We need to bring back The Great Z’OB.

Adam Goodes would not approve.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looking at the Players agreement Rookie money for 2019 is 75k plus 4k a match, with a bonus of 3k for playing 1-5 matches, another 3k for 6-10 if he can play 11+ there is another 6k for him.

Plus we pay his relocation expenses.

So if a tall goes down and he takes their place he can still make 131k if he plays 11 games. If his rookie efforts get him back on a senior list, even better I guess.

Don’t know what he would have been making in the WAFL though given the salary caps are 200-300k I reckon he might make a few more bucks as an Essendon Rookie.

2 Likes

Plus whatever we choose to pay him above the $75K, which counts against our cap.
Given we’ve gone rookie happy with the list numbers this year I’d think we would at least chuck in an extra $25K, for a mature age, relocating player.
Gives him a base of $100K, with a games bonus on top of that.
Seems about right, and doesn’t have any significant impact on our total player payments.

3 Likes

Would they also get VFL match payments?

Clarked and Clarkez?

After reading this stuff I really want to call one of them Stan Darsh.

Ellen’s pet name for Clark, Sparky.

1 Like

Think Vizzy, think brown paper bags?

Zlarklander.

ZAC

2 Likes

And should clearly wear the #77

Hocking ain’t dead yet, mate.

1 Like

Clearly not getting my reference…

Not that I saw. 75k plus match payments and bonus for number of games.

From memory if they get upgraded they get the same base payments as a player with the same number of years on the senior list (ie Clark would get the same as the 1st year players).