#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

Maybe it’s a ghost.

6 Likes

Looks very quick and mobile in the training video. Could be a very handy pickup.

Strachan is in Adelaide

1 Like

Can we please move this to the fletcher hanger please

That was my first thought as well, however there hasn’t been the usual list published of which clubs have which kids training with them.

Paging @THE_DON1

Zac’s looking great in the old Sash. Let’s hope he gets a good run at it.

1 Like

You really couldn’t ask for much more than the below given the type of role we were trying to fill.

Commencing a teaching degree and coaching basketball and footy this year, Clarke has a genuine passion for helping young athletes reach their goals.

“In talking to ‘Woosha’ (senior coach John Worsfold) and the other coaches, that’s one of the reasons I’m here – obviously to play good footy and contribute to the footy club, but also to mentor the young guys,” he said.

“I’ve been through most of it, so I can relate to what they’re going through. (I’ll do) Whatever I can do to help them.”

8 Likes

The academy has changed so I don’t think they are having 2 for each AFL club like previous years, kid doesn’t look familiar but I’ll have a check around

1 Like

He looks a tad older on second viewing, maybe an amateurs player or CatB alternate talent guy

I was checking some of the Irish players that tested at the combine and no dice, might be a new recruit for the VFL aswell.

1 Like

Clarke looks pretty good in that video. Very mobile.

Might be interesting how they organise the structure once Daniher’s back. McKernan was fantastic last year, but perhaps with Daniher back Clarke might end up being the better option at fwd/ruck. Or not. But the opportunity is definitely there if he’s good enough.

Seems to be light on his feet for a big guy.

(reckon Heppell would like Zac’s hair :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like

Moves well yes but Smack would have him covered in all aspects of being a fwd IMO (which is main role) and then provide ruck/clearance support as needed.

1 Like

While that is true, with Daniher back, the amount of competitiveness of the 2nd ruck, may be a more important criteria

Daniher played his best footy at CHF with Hooker playing the brute role closer to goal which also allowed plenty of crumbs for our smalls

I don’t really see Clarke being able to provide what Hooker or Smack can, both of them able to kick bags of goals also. And more often than not the 2nd ruck for other sides is a part timer that Smack is more than capable against

That said there will be some sides whose ruck combos height wise may suit us considering Clarke or alternatively just pinch hitting Daniher.

Sandi/Lobb
Grundy/Cox

Looks quick. Reckon Hep would be better with anyone else’s hair.

1 Like

Probably not Deckham’s.

2 Likes

Alrighty then, Shaggy.

2 Likes

It’s Andrew Courtney! Kid has seriously bulked up and leaned out, he was the closest I could think of but still didn’t think he was at that size.

Emerson Jeka and Ryan Gardner are the other players training at our club.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s been eating at me. What are the details on them? Jeka still on track for a top 10 pick? I assume this is a different Ryan Gardner to the one that was at Geelong.