#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

You just cant miss those goals. He’s been nothing but disappointing. Really bad luck with Draper otherwise this bloke wouldn’t be getting a game.

To call him a spud isn’t doing his shitness any justice. I wonder if he is this bad at life in general or just football.

How on earth did he even make it on a WAFL list ever let alone an AFL list?

Yet, some are arguing until they are black and blue that EFC must obtain a ruck in the mid season draft - Let’s use this selection wisely and not waste it on a ruck.

1 Like

Clarke was bought in for Jordan Ridley.

Big, slow, lumbering, unskillful.

Solid, quick, skilful young player.

Last night was just example after example of everything about why Essendon are going to continue to be useless.

2 Likes

He’s centre bounce ruckwork is actually pretty good. It’s better than Bellchambers.
After that, yes he is average. But what do we expect for a 30 year old Ruckman picked from the WAFL?

1 Like

I understand why we got him, sometimes decent and experienced ruckman as a back up. What I don’t get, is why the fk he would ever actually be in the team with another ruckman.

I’ve always had the opinion that obviously the coaches have more of an idea than me, but I am failing to see any reason why you would play two of the least mobile ruckman in the competition (well maybe Clarke isn’t that bad mobility wise, but he hasn’t performed at all well this season) on the SCG where the ball is just going to be ping ponging over their heads all night.

This game was lost at the selection table. Why bring in this guy to play forward instead of moving hooker forward and Francis back.

1 Like

Or even Ridley forward.

Or even Hartley back and hooker forward.

2 Likes

So glad Ridley got dropped for this bloke.
Swans main weakness is their lack of pace and we bring in Myers and Clarke who both couldn’t run away from a gimp with his legs tied together.

5 Likes

Thought he was good in creating forward opportunities and looked our most likely tall. Ruckwork particularly in the centre was very good at times. Just has to work on kicking. Could be a real weapon for us come finals time with his ability to rotate forward in much the same way that Paddy Ryder was for us a few years ago.

1 Like

Yep, he’s a troll.

I reckon Scorch is diggers TBH

1 Like

Hi Mrs Clarke

He was literally the only guy who looked like a forward for us at any point - timed and presented a lead, and actually held the marks.

Yeah, he’s laughably bad when it hits the ground, and tackling isn’t good, but he is rucking OK, and if he was also dobbing the odd goal, he’d be pulling his weight.

Would be a very different thread if he’d kicked those goals.

3 Likes

He’d still be on Freo’s list if he kicked those goals.

Probably true enough.

Pretty shocked that a 29yo effectively taken at pick 837 isn’t going to win the brownlow this year.

Actually he’s more John Worsfold Jr.

Bang on, he kicks those goals and suddenly he’s the saviour and people are asking why he wasn’t playing sooner Wooshas fault ya da da ya da ya da.

1 Like

Yep.
I guess he’s copping it because all our other forwards are in such collectively good form…

1 Like

Indeed - Was Clarke better or worse than Tippa if he kicks the goals last night?

2 Likes