#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

TBC would come back in, but until today, I honestly didn’t think we had a backup ruck who could tackle the monsters.

When Shaun went up against Goldy today it was a repeat of a few years ago- like a kid coming up against a man. Zac’s role was literally the most important today- if he got toweled up- we wouldn’t have gotten close. Goldstein is back to his best.

3 Likes

whilst we’re all patting ourselves on the ■■■■.

i don’t even know what the original post means, but i obviously think it’s a good call.

3 Likes

I put my hand up.
I was overly critical of him.
I was wrong.
The big fella was good today.

5 Likes

Maybe just needed to know he was the head big dog and string a couple of games together.

2 Likes

As the farmer said to the pig in that great piece of Aussie cinema

That’ll do Zac… that will do.

1 Like

Absolutely loved the support he got from the crowd. Played an awesome game.

8 Likes

Last week I wanted us to trade pick #45 for Goldstein as back up for a year or 2. This week I want to extend Zac’s contract. Footy’s a roller coaster.

3 Likes

Matthew Lloyd better give Zac a heartfelt apology on that shitfest of a football show tomorrow morning.

8 Likes

I noticed it too. He basically got a special little cheer every time he got the ball. I loved it

7 Likes

I couldn’t help barracking for him all game.

25 Likes

I am developing quite the Love-Hate relationship with Zlarke, or is that Hate-Love?

I’ve been extremely critical of him. I didn’t know he had a game like that in him. Good on him and let’s hope he continues to smear egg on my face

5 Likes

I can already tell you Matthew Lloyd’s comment.
It’ll be “club/coach/player that won is good” and a bit of “club/coach/player that lost is bad”

2 Likes

Thought he was fantastic today. I’ve been very critical of him but I think he just needs a fair run at it. Was really glad to hear the amount of support he was getting from the crowd. Hopefully this match will really help lift his confidence.

2 Likes

Maybe just needed some confidence

1 Like

I was a hater last week, thought he was utterly putrid.

Today he was magnificent, and at first I was like “yay he actually won a tap” and then he just kept on doing it all game. His tapwork to three quarter time was magnificent, gave us our midfield domination make no mistake about it, watch his taps to advantage. His ground work was great also I thought, and he also managed to take some marks too which was a weakness generally at EFC. If he keeps that up I won’t have an issue if he gets another year next year as backup for the backup. I’m gonna get around the lad.

8 Likes

Riley O’brian will be a tougher matchup

On ‘The Sash’ podcast, they call him TreeBeard (from Lord of the Rings). Seems appropriate.

I heard a guy a couple of rows behind me at today’s game yell that out.

5 Likes

Cameron Ling = Gothmog

1 Like

Late Hove.