2007: Sheedy reinvents the real Bombers

I also hope that we don’t go for useless ex-players as coaches like Damien fkg Hardwick. Especially if he wants to rebuild. I want success within the next decade preferably.

1 Like

More or less. As I said, technically Sheedy was not sacked, but when the non-renewal is decided on before the season starts, effectively that’s what it is.

Hmm, I still disagree. Will need to be settled by a duel at sundown.

2 Likes

Is this the year that Lloyd did his hamstring?

No. That was 2006.

Mate, we have Courtney Johns coming back from injury. Success is basically just a formality from here

2 Likes

48…:rofl:

Jesus! Fevola that day was unfarkingbelievable. I swear I saw him unintentionally take a contested mark

I remember being in tears after the final siren. I was 8 years old…

Yeah me too, I was 28🤣

2 Likes

I don’t blame you. We should have been 80 points up halfway into the second, such was our dominance. We kept spraying shots all over the place, and then just randomly stopped playing :expressionless:

1 Like

I was 13. I remember Rex Hunt sang the fat lady during the second term and I thought we were home and hosed. Was absolutely gutted come the final siren. I think I listened on my Walkman that day. Remember those things? I wish it was still 2007 :laughing:

Sheedy put Fletcher forward very late in the 2nd qtr. We were about 8 goals up at that point. Fevola got 2 goals in that period and that gave them a sniff.

The idea that that list could have won a premiership in 2008 with Sheedy is … a remarkable view.

2 Likes

Mate Heffernan and Camporeale were about to peak

1 Like

I reckon if Sheedy coached in 2008, we wouldn’t have got to see Jobe Watson become the absolute superstar he did - at least not at Essendon.

2 Likes