2013 benfti hype thread

With any luck I will get down to the profiles tonight after q&a

Good to see you have fired up.

There's a few dwarves on that list though.

Well that should add some fuel to the fire.

Mate, it's all covered. I have a secret weapon.

YFxpx_zps1d752c48.png

Is this the place to hang out while avoiding any official AFL business that might include Demetriou's voice?  I'm just going to watch Tippa video's for the next 3 hours.

BRING ON THE HYPE!

Benfti, can't wait for the profiles. Love the hype! Really interested in your thoughts on Jarmen Impey. 

I just find these threads frustrating. Ben gets us all excited about some of the raw talent out there, and then the club drafts none of them.

Maybe we should do reverse psychology, and start a hype thread for ‘vanilla faced panic merchants.’

If our premiership window is now, are there any mature age indigineous excitement machine recruits playing NTFL/WAFL/SANFL/VFL who will be able to slot in straight away to our team and afl football life. Im thinking Garlett could, but what about prior year benfti specials - e.g gibson-turner etc. we all saw what an impact brett goodes had this year, and i believe he will be better next year with a full preseason?

I just find these threads frustrating. Ben gets us all excited about some of the raw talent out there, and then the club drafts none of them.
Maybe we should do reverse psychology, and start a hype thread for 'vanilla faced panic merchants.'

There's two steps to the flow chart you're missing.

BENFTI HYPES PLAYERS

> Essendon does not draft > Player goes elsewhere

>> Goes to Richmond > Delisted in 12 months

>> Goes to any other club > Instant superstar

If our premiership window is now, are there any mature age indigineous excitement machine recruits playing NTFL/WAFL/SANFL/VFL who will be able to slot in straight away to our team and afl football life. Im thinking Garlett could, but what about prior year benfti specials - e.g gibson-turner etc. we all saw what an impact brett goodes had this year, and i believe he will be better next year with a full preseason?

From what I've heard, Gibson Turner never ever wants anything to do with the AFL again.  The kid from Alice that Richmond drafted, the one with the assault charge whose name escapes me at the moment, has bigger problems.  ■■■■■■ Richmond.

Tippa has been on the benfti special list for three years now.  Puopolo and Walters seem to be perfectly happy where they are.  Brian Coleman-Broom has had a meh year in the Big Rivers league, and I don't even know where that is.  Braedon McLean had a terrible 2012 injury-wise but started to put things together again and might be worth keeping an eye on.  Louis Egger played for Coburg this year I think, but I'm not sure he really did all that much.

Tippa's improvement this year in the VFL makes him worth a look. Seems VERY coachable. 

Tippa's improvement this year in the VFL makes him worth a look. Seems VERY coachable. 

I tried to coach him once and he told me to shut my clam.  Uncoachable.

Disclaimer:  I wasn't his coach at the time, I was just a ■■■■■■ guy in the crowd.

From what I've heard, Gibson Turner never ever wants anything to do with the AFL again.  The kid from Alice that Richmond drafted, the one with the assault charge whose name escapes me at the moment, has bigger problems.  ■■■■■■ Richmond.

Tippa has been on the benfti special list for three years now.  Puopolo and Walters seem to be perfectly happy where they are.  Brian Coleman-Broom has had a meh year in the Big Rivers league, and I don't even know where that is.  Braedon McLean had a terrible 2012 injury-wise but started to put things together again and might be worth keeping an eye on.  Louis Egger played for Coburg this year I think, but I'm not sure he really did all that much.

Is that Troy Taylor?

Is that Troy Taylor?

yep Taylor.

Was anyone surprised by how many brownlow votes walters got? I dont watch many fremantle games..

And his mark on the weekend when he flew over the taller opposition, was special.

Someone like Walters would be enormous for our side. He's an absolute jet. I'm a massive Ballantayne fan, too. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

Need some consolation hype now that the one of my favourites is doomed to footscray.

Need some consolation hype now that the one of my favourites is doomed to footscray.

We've had Alwyn on the roids, and he's now a 195cm CHF goal kicking colossus.

Oh, and we dipped Colyer in tar to justify his speed.

Come on Ben, crank this thread up. One of best yearly threads going around.

Controversial.

Controversial.

All good. Done off site. No one will ever notice.

Honestly can we just pick up some fkn aboriginal forwards this year. Enough with the vanilla, white trash we pick up every year.