2014 From Long Range Competition

It's back for season 2014! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!

Now in its 7th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.

Past winners include:
2008 ?? Mero might know
2009 swoodley
2010 #11
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2012 WindyDill
2013 Paddyl90   

Last year's prize of a match day 1993 Grand Final Record has been surpassed this year with not one record, but ALL FOUR Essendon records from the 1993 Final Series. OK, so we lost the first Qualifying Final, but we more than made up for it with the next three games! Very collectible. The perfect companion when watching the replays.

0xpf.jpg

And in a new twist, we are awarding a prize for LAST position. Yes that's right, last. It is the football record from the 1999 Preliminary Final. Now if that doesn't make you try harder, nothing will!

Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don't, here's the rules and instructions:

1. You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
2. Download the entry spreadsheet from here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92660724/FLR%202014%20-%20YourName.xls
3. Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
4. Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to "Enable Editting" to be able to make your picks.
5. Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces)
6. You must do all of this BEFORE Friday 14th March, 19:50 (start of the season) Any entries recieved after this time will be ignored.
7. Any games that you don't select a winner for, will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
8. Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
9. In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, "8"'s etc. being the winner.
10. Darren Bewick.
11. Any ■■■■■■■■ or correspondence will probably be ignored.
12. Entries will be recorded in the opening post as they have been processed.
13. Anybody who wants their "ladder" can request that in their entry email.
14. Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.

I think that's it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.

Go for it! Last year we had 69 entries - hopefully we can top that this year.  

2014 Entries (59)

Acorn
AnnStBomber
barnzz
Bboy10
BLOODSTAINED DEVILS
BomberMcVeigh
CELTIC SWING
Chess
coldblood
Crazy Bomber
CyberBomber
dapto
DARTH TAJ
Davo
Dodga
Dunnybrush
Eggs
Enki
Fairybread
Falcon1500
GoatBoy
Ignorence
Incoming!
Ivan
jessimischa
Jezz
Juicy
Kev6
Mackster
matrixgeek
mcgoved
Mero
Mitch25
Muriel St Bomber
nick_rudich
NZBomber
Paddyl90
PHBomber
quietachiever
randommuz
Riolio
RossoNeri
SamFo
samwoods
Scotty21
Spikefan
stuka
sweatyman
swoodley
theseventhdaniher
TomsDons
Vanderlegend
Wimmera1
Windy Dill
Windyhill
Windyhillwonders
xhavok
Zimmer

Love FLR! Back in for sure.

my working day is officially farked now.

Jesus that's a good prize... Who donated?

Jesus that's a good prize... Who donated?

The records are from my "too lazy to eBay" pile.

I'm in...entry has just been e-mailed :)

sent

Working my way through it now. In between people walking around my desk that is.

Well the entries are starting to trickle in. Make your tips wisely this year else you may be in line to win the prize for last - and nobody I know wants this:

1sx6.jpg

(actually, that's not true - I unfortunately do know some Carlton supporters....)

In any case, I will be glad to get rid of it!

Tremendous stuff bomber mcveigh ! Footy records of entire 1993 legendary final series by michael long, darren bewick, mark mercuri, Joe misiti something to savour for sure.

Back to defend my title! 

sent.

Hope it worked.

Can we close off this thread and start a new one?

I dunno, I think it's just more important than "internal server error". The guys doing all the work deserve better, and I'd wager dollars to donuts that a lot of people aren't reading it cause they click the "unread post" button and...

Just throwing it out there...

Sent at last. And now for last place, yeay.

Merging with BMcV's thread...

Uh oh

Sydney

<span style="color:#ff0000;">Essendon</span>

Hawthorn

Fremantle

Collingwood

Adelaide

West Coast Eagles

North Melbourne

Geelong

Richmond

Port Adelaide

Gold Coast Suns

Carlton

St Kilda

Melbourne

Western Bulldogs

Brisbane

Uh oh

Sydney 18 Essendon 18 Hawthorn 17 Fremantle 16 Collingwood 15 Adelaide 15 West Coast Eagles 14 North Melbourne 13 Geelong 13 Richmond 12 Port Adelaide 11 Gold Coast Suns 10 Carlton 9 St Kilda 5 Melbourne 5 Western Bulldogs 4 Brisbane 3

GWS?

Uh oh

Sydney 18 Essendon 18 Hawthorn 17 Fremantle 16 Collingwood 15 Adelaide 15 West Coast Eagles 14 North Melbourne 13 Geelong 13 Richmond 12 Port Adelaide 11 Gold Coast Suns 10 Carlton 9 St Kilda 5 Melbourne 5 Western Bulldogs 4 Brisbane 3

GWS?

I must not have given them a win..

Uh oh

Uh oh indeed...I have us winning 19 :)

The ladder so far according to the Blitzers who have already entered FLR.

Why not join in? It only takes about 15 minutes and then that's it for the year. Details in the OP.

Hawthorn
Sydney
Essendon
Fremantle
Geelong
North Melbourne
Collingwood
Richmond
--------------------------------
West Coast Eagles
Adelaide
Carlton