2014 Television Coverage

The interview of Brad Scott at 3 Quarter time by Timmy and the Duck was ridiculous. Why do you need 2 people interviewing 1 person? Just looked stupid.

Because Tim Watson doesn't speak fluent Stupid so he needed Carey to translate for him.

Who else is looking forward to another year of the Saturday Night team discussing hair styles and facial hair?

And why not make a drinking game out of the mistakes Brian Taylor makes such as identifying players correctly? Or as he did during the Gold Coast v Richmond game, reported on some "breaking news" via Twitter (about Martin or Dixon's injury I think it was) that Cameron Ling had already mentioned about 5mins prior.

Who else is looking forward to another year of the Saturday Night team discussing hair styles and facial hair?

And why not make a drinking game out of the mistakes Brian Taylor makes such as identifying players correctly? Or as he did during the Gold Coast v Richmond game, reported on some "breaking news" via Twitter (about Martin or Dixon's injury I think it was) that Cameron Ling had already mentioned about 5mins prior.

Mainly because I don't want substantial liver damage any time soon.

sandy roberts is actually good. who woulda think it? 

sandy roberts is actually good. who woulda think it? 

Sandy Roberts was very good, I thought

Bruce and BT are just bad commentators. They seems to be more concerned with getting themselves over rather than calling the game. Bruce drops a loud for certain players every time they go near it. The next time I hear BT make up some new damn word like fiddle faddling I will lose my ■■■■.

They do pre-taped interviews where they two people are walking? Why is there always some crappy half time show about a players restaurant or Tina Arena.

The last 3 weeks of aussie rules have just made me appreciate the commentators for other sports more.

The half time interviews drive me farken insane. You are paying 6 commentators to be there for gods sake. Surely you can squeeze 10 minutes (that is all you need after 2 3 minute add breaks) of discussion on the actual game at half time.

Show some decent stats. Show some behind the goals footage so we can see some of the structural such you miss not being at the ground. Chat to an assistant coach from each side. pick apart some stats we might not usually see, focus on a player or 2.

I would love to get my hands on the controlls of the coverage and go full football nerd retard at half time.

"good call xxxxxx" drives be batty. just goes to show the ego stroking that they turn it in to. 

"good call xxxxxx" drives be batty. just goes to show the ego stroking that they turn it in to. 

Great call premature rookie elevation.

Great call premature rookie elevation.

:D thanks soulnet. 

fair dinkum amateur hour watching Fox Footy coverage, nearly missed the final goal as the siren sounds...........and shut up Dwayne Russell

Caresses it down his throat

After watching the Pies / Tiges last night l am beginning to develop a thoery about Bruce. lt appears to me he is under instructions to comment in such a way as to keep the supporters of the team who are behind interested. He moderates all comments now to the point where they are just bland and meaningless. He could be commenting on just about any game, as all his comments are pretty much coming out the same. Confetti just seems to be going along for the ride, like a loyal sidekick. No one wants to talk about how badly a team is playing any more. Bruse free commentary from Bruce. He is a shadow of his former self.

Bruce and BT are just bad commentators. They seems to be more concerned with getting themselves over rather than calling the game. Bruce drops a loud for certain players every time they go near it. The next time I hear BT make up some new damn word like fiddle faddling I will lose my ■■■■.

They do pre-taped interviews where they two people are walking? Why is there always some crappy half time show about a players restaurant or Tina Arena.

The last 3 weeks of aussie rules have just made me appreciate the commentators for other sports more.

If you didn't know anything about our game, and listened to the clowns we accept as commentators, you would not only still know absolutely zero about the game by the end, but your IQ would be considerably lower as well. They are all, pretty much, incredibly bad at the core job of actually calling a game.

After watching the Pies / Tiges last night l am beginning to develop a thoery about Bruce. lt appears to me he is under instructions to comment in such a way as to keep the supporters of the team who are behind interested. He moderates all comments now to the point where they are just bland and meaningless. He could be commenting on just about any game, as all his comments are pretty much coming out the same. Confetti just seems to be going along for the ride, like a loyal sidekick. No one wants to talk about how badly a team is playing any more. Bruse free commentary from Bruce. He is a shadow of his former self.

Has happened for years. They don't want people switching off and impacting on their ratings. I would rather truthfully honest commentary - comments like its all over when it is and they are no chance from here etc. 

stunning watching a game in SD, makes me feel like im in 1974 or something

Bruce and BT are just bad commentators. They seems to be more concerned with getting themselves over rather than calling the game. Bruce drops a loud for certain players every time they go near it. The next time I hear BT make up some new damn word like fiddle faddling I will lose my ****.

If you didn't know anything about our game, and listened to the clowns we accept as commentators, you would not only still know absolutely zero about the game by the end, but your IQ would be considerably lower as well. They are all, pretty much, incredibly bad at the core job of actually calling a game.

No one on TV really seem to call a game anymore, the best is on the radio, but you then have that annoying delay if you are watching the TV as well.  Last week we were outside doing some painting and it was quite enjoyable listening to the commentary on the radio, even though it was the GWS v Melb game.

Healy is the worse there is. It's like he doesn't even know what year we are in.

Healy is the worse there is. It's like he doesn't even know what year we are in.

He was bad, really really bad last night, don`t think he like us much??

Bruce and BT are just bad commentators. They seems to be more concerned with getting themselves over rather than calling the game. Bruce drops a loud for certain players every time they go near it. The next time I hear BT make up some new damn word like fiddle faddling I will lose my ****.

No one on TV really seem to call a game anymore, the best is on the radio, but you then have that annoying delay if you are watching the TV as well.  Last week we were outside doing some painting and it was quite enjoyable listening to the commentary on the radio, even though it was the GWS v Melb game.
Radio common potators have always been superior to TV. Loved the Captain & the MAjor on 3AW.