2015 AFL Draft. Spoiler: We won

what happened to the "shallow draft" theory ?

It is a shallow draft until the club doesn’t pick up the player wanted, then it becomes a lost chance on a superstar.

Ants I did say I was trying to be positive. We beat Hawthorn fair and square this year and took it up to them till the final quarter later on at a time when everything that could go to s!!t had gone to s!!t, I don’t think the team we have around that senior core is mediocre. I think they can be fantastic too. Will be disappointed if we aren’t vying with the likes of Bulldogs and Tigers next year.

Ants I did say I was trying to be positive. We beat Hawthorn fair and square this year and took it up to them till the final quarter later on at a time when everything that could go to s!!t had gone to s!!t, I don't think the team we have around that senior core is mediocre. I think they can be fantastic too. Will be disappointed if we aren't vying with the likes of Bulldogs and Tigers next year.

To be fair though, the good teams don’t consider us a threat yet. So they aren’t really bringing their best against us. There are another couple of levels we need to overcome just yet.

Not saying it can’t be done, and not saying that beating Hawks early last year wasn’t good, but we still aren’t there yet. First we have to get to “competitor” level where other teams consider us as a serious contender and benchmark. Then hopefully we can get to the “hunted” level where we are the team everyone wants to emulate and test themselves against.

Long long way to go. Maybe by round 4 or 5… that should be long enough.

finally getting to watch the draft, think there may of been a couple of Bombers fans up the back of the crowd…the Boo when Gill took the stage, the Boo when Gil congratulated Hawthorn, the cheer when Woosha and the Essendon panel was mentioned.

McQuade said:
finally getting to watch the draft, think there may of been a couple of Bombers fans up the back of the crowd.....the Boo when Gill took the stage, the Boo when Gil congratulated Hawthorn, the cheer when Woosha and the Essendon panel was mentioned.

Did you record the pick by pick coverage or the main one with all the interviews? I've been wanting to see pick by pick but can't find it anywhere.

pick by pick for first rd and then the panel discussion plus interviews.

McQuade said:
pick by pick for first rd and then the panel discussion plus interviews.
Yeah that's the coverage I have. I wanted to see when we selected Morgan and Redman.
what happened to the "shallow draft" theory ?

It was shallow. There were only 11 good players available, but those 11 were sublime talents. Fortunately we outfoxed everyone and got them all.

It only took 7 years but you got your wish.

6 Likes

Quality bump Doe

2 Likes

Interesting bump. And interesting to see old posts of mine.

Found the below posts.

Effectively we’d have Walla, Curnow and B McKay left instead of Walla, Parish and Redman. I can’t recall who some of those guys I listed even were! :laughing:

2 Likes

Shane Yarran died in 2018 and Harley Balic passed away earlier this year.

I think he’s a Brisbane supporter, because he wants to team him up with JD.

1 Like