2016-17 List changes

Will be great for our VFL team.

Yep will mean they get someone like Howlett in the guts instead of trying to be a small forward in the AFL side

I would love to see the VFL side count to the AFL side so have 44 senior players plus however many in the VFL side and have rules like the EPL.

So for example last season Hepp killing it in the VFL we can bring him into our AFL squad, Bags goes down injured we decide to bring in McNeice or Hep

Imagine the feel good stories a bloke starts in the VFL start of the season and wins the flag with the AFL side

I agree.

The remainder of the players in the 2s should be an entire rookie list and the seniors has a 44 main list. If that happened you watch the size of the VFL development coaches ramp up. You can afford to put the money into developing players.

I'm sure a heap of people would like 70-man lists.

They want to sack everybody, then cry like babies when the guys are delisted
They want every second player who’s delisted by other clubs, even though the guy’s best day were 5 years ago
And they wants us to draft every one in sight, including 25 rookies

Or maybe… MAYBE…

You’re just seeing a lot of names thrown around because there’s a lot of different posters and therefore different opinions being expressed on a sub-forum of an Essendon forum designed with the sole purpose of discussing who the Essendon Football Club should pick up.

I'm sure a heap of people would like 70-man lists.

They want to sack everybody, then cry like babies when the guys are delisted
They want every second player who’s delisted by other clubs, even though the guy’s best day were 5 years ago
And they wants us to draft every one in sight, including 25 rookies

Or maybe… MAYBE…

You’re just seeing a lot of names thrown around because there’s a lot of different posters and therefore different opinions being expressed on a sub-forum of an Essendon forum designed with the sole purpose of discussing who the Essendon Football Club should pick up.

Ahh…no! When I see the same names keep popping up with pazza-esque opinions, I take note.

I’m just disappointed my framed and signed Gach pic is now worth diddly squat. I had such high hopes. :frowning:

I would love to see the VFL side count to the AFL side so have 44 senior players plus however many in the VFL side and have rules like the EPL.

So for example last season Hepp killing it in the VFL we can bring him into our AFL squad, Bags goes down injured we decide to bring in McNeice or Hep

Imagine the feel good stories a bloke starts in the VFL start of the season and wins the flag with the AFL side

I agree.

The remainder of the players in the 2s should be an entire rookie list and the seniors has a 44 main list. If that happened you watch the size of the VFL development coaches ramp up. You can afford to put the money into developing players.

I’d say take it a step further and have a main list and a reserve list. You can promote and relegate anytime you want for any reason but you only have 40 senior list players to choose from at any one time. Maybe have a minimum term of 6 weeks or something that someone must be promoted for similiarly to the long term injury list.

I'm just disappointed my framed and signed Gach pic is now worth diddly squat. I had such high hopes. :(
Collector's item, ultra rare. Good pick-up.

Hint Hint Hint: From club website today. 2 we knew were certain. The other, a rumour that is fast growing legs. Very short, fast moving legs at that:

:…Bombers top-up players James Kelly and Matt Dea are set to return to the club in 2017, while dangerous ex-Brisbane Lions small forward Josh Green could also find a new home. …"

If we take Green, Kelly and Dea as delisted free agents would we still have a pick in the pre season draft?

It’s just an AwFuL website article foisted on us.

If we take Green, Kelly and Dea as delisted free agents would we still have a pick in the pre season draft?

Pre Season Draft is irrelevant and almost defunct these days.

It's just an AwFuL website article foisted on us.

As far as I can see this rumour started round February of this year, when it was revealed we looked at securing Green in 2015.

"…the livewire forward’s future at the Gabba was uncertain late last year. As word spread around the competition of unrest among some senior players, the Lions received a call from Essendon inquiring about Green’s availability.

Since then, we discovered a couple of our own homegrown livewire goal sneaks .

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/josh-green-commits-to-brisbane-lions-and-wants-new-deal-before-round-1/news-story/78ee2319990ce047d669bd8e36a33a24

I'm just disappointed my framed and signed Gach pic is now worth diddly squat. I had such high hopes. :(
Collector's item, ultra rare. Good pick-up.

It will certainly be a limited edition. I think I got 1 of 1.

McKenna being upgraded to the senior list along with Tippa whom we already knew.

Interesting.

Interesting.

You’re thinking it may reflect who we’ll take at #1?

Could mean we are looking at filling 3 rookie B spots

Great! Deserves it.

Well done Conor.

So the way I read it now with Mckenna placed on the primary list, the state of play is this:

1. We take no delisted free agents = We are picking up to and including pick 68 on draft night

2. We take 1 delisted free agent (i.e. Josh Green) = We are picking up to and including pick 41 on draft night

*This is on the assumption we go with the 40 (main)/ 4 (rookie) option.

Please correct if this is wrong.