2016 AFL Finals

After an exciting Round 23, can’t wait for the finals action to begin this weekend

Oh wait …

AFL finals: Week one

Sydney v GWS - Saturday, September 10, 3:20pm AEST at Olympic Stadium
Geelong v Hawthorn - Friday, September 9, 7:50pm AEST at MCG
Adelaide v North Melbourne - Saturday, September 10, 7:40pm AEST at Adelaide Oval
West Coast v Western Bulldogs - Thursday, September 8, 8:10pm AEST at Subiaco Oval

3 potential blowouts with Cats/Dawks too close to tip with the loser heading out West for the 2nd week and probable elimination

Sydney v GWS - Swans
Geelong v Hawthorn - Hawks
Adelaide v North Melbourne - Crows
West Coast v Western Bulldogs - Coasters

So if GWS lose they play the Crows in Adelaide?

No. Loser of prelim gets a home final the next week

Don’t really GAF & haven’t for past four years but just to ■■■■ the “die hard / try hard Bloods supporters” up here it’d be funny to see them get done by the Giants

Anyone but farking Hawthorn, West Coast or Sydney please.

as long as Hawthorn doesn’t win the flag I’m happy

The only finals I’m interested in is the VFL.

Anyone but farking Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney please.

I’m sorry, you seem to have mistaken me/Blitz for someone who gives a Fark.

(anyone but Hawthorn, but only because my dad barracks for them)

FRANKLIN!!

Want The Crows to win it.
Considering their coach lost his life tragically and their best player walked out on them it would be a hell of a story.
Don’t think it will happen though.

Like others can’t ■■■■■■■ stand Hawthorn so I hope Geelong do well also.

Also can I just say the names of the finals are fkn stupid. It should be:

Grand Final which is the week after the
Semi Finals which is the week after the
Quarter Finals which is the week after the
Preliminary Finals

The preliminary finals are “preliminary” because they are exactly that. They occur as a preliminary round to the three rounds of finals.

Alternatively you could go Grand Final - Semi Finals - Elimination Final and have the first finals as the “Quarter Finals” although it’s a bit nonsensical as all finals except the first round are “elimination finals.”

Also can I just say the names of the finals are fkn stupid. It should be:

Grand Final which is the week after the
Semi Finals which is the week after the
Quarter Finals which is the week after the
Preliminary Finals

The preliminary finals are “preliminary” because they are exactly that. They occur as a preliminary round to the three rounds of finals.

Alternatively you could go Grand Final - Semi Finals - Elimination Final and have the first finals as the “Quarter Finals” although it’s a bit nonsensical as all finals except the first round are “elimination finals.”

NERD

There was something nice about sitting back on a Sunday afternoon, after a big lunch and enjoying the footy on Fathers Day with family. Didn’t really matter who was playing growing up.

So for the first time ever, and just as I am settling in to be a father with a young family, the farking AFL get rid of it. Even if it wasn’t a “rest week” they scheduled no Sunday game, just so they can push Thursday night football.

Farking muppets. End rant.

Shannon ‘Lionel Ritchie’ Grant to present the Norm Smith medal this year.