2016 Draft Night Live ... Thread... buffering

Still on the board - Sproule, Scharenberg, Olango, Ronke, HepA, Duman, Junker, Piper, Romensky.

Brayshaw? He wasn’t drafted wasn’t he? I don’t mind the look of him.

We’ve got the first pick in the rookie draft to find the nugget that missed out

Still on the board - Sproule, Scharenberg, Olango, Ronke, HepA, Duman, Junker, Piper, Romensky.

I haven’t audited that list… but yep… we have the first rookie pick and there’ll be a bunch of guys we like.

XR hasn’t been picked up either … so that adds to the intrigue.

Brayshaw? He wasn’t drafted wasn’t he? I don’t mind the look of him.

Yeah, good catch, him too. Big depth of hard-ball-getters in this draft, he and Scharenberg might have gotten picked up in a thinner year for that type.

Dodoro on Begley:

“Darren Bewick sold him to us. We hope he is right”

Honestly, im devastated, McGrath aside I feel like we just grabbed a bunch of solid plodders.

I’m exactly the opposite. Wish we’d gone differently early, but pretty happy with where we ended up.

See you all in 2017 when we are discussing who to get with pick 18

Honestly, im devastated, McGrath aside I feel like we just grabbed a bunch of solid plodders.

Don’t worry mate. You’ll be right.

we need a blitzcast now right now.

You really don’t want to hear what I have to say right now.

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didn’t pick up any of your favourites doesn’t mean they are all plodders

Dodoro on Begley:

“Darren Bewick sold him to us. We hope he is right”

‘Recruit from within’ (Essendon Football Club)

we need a blitzcast now right now.

You really don’t want to hear what I have to say right now.

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didn’t pick up any of your favourites doesn’t mean they are all plodders

Hang on - why doesn’t it mean that?

I really hope they all turn out great and wish them all the best, however as much as I try I just can’t get excited.

Very very obviously the ‘find a clearance guy for when Jobe retires’ draft. Reckon that might have been top of the list on Worsfold’s wishlist that he handed over the the recruiting team. Mutch, Clarke, both very much that type, and Begley as well could be. You have to go with what you think it best available with your first pick when you have pick 1, obviously, but to me it looks like those three were chosen in a deliberate strategy to fit a specific need. Next year is supposedly stronger in talls, we might focus more on them then.

Bit on benfti’s side though, would have liked to see us add some dynamism and unpredictability. Tippa made a massive difference to our side this year, we obviously didn’t get a shot at Long but it would have been nice to see us roll the dice on rioli or Kirkby or someone who just comes fro a different mold.

Lebois, who I think could be a real gun

We've got the first pick in the rookie draft to find the nugget that missed out

Brayshaw or scharenberg might be handy, thought hawks would grab them.

So what's that mean for Ronke? Auto rookie?

Got to get through the Rookie draft

We can rookie B list him now as far as I know. Was zoned to us as a multicultural prospect.

I think they still need to not get drafted in the rookie draft. It will be different when these interim rules are over.

With some of the players left on the board, re-rookieing McKernan would be particularly galling. Then again, everyone seems to like McKernan more than I do, so shrug

Lebois, who I think could be a real gun

Morrish is another one. and Lynch and Ladhams, though I think if you want a ruck you probably go for Olango over those guys.

Glenn Luff saying we smashed it… best of VIC clubs

Hope you’re wrong.