2016 Draft Night Live ... Thread... buffering

Ridley reminds me so much of Langford looking at his highlights

Iā€™m not a McKernan fan, but with our thin ruck stocks heā€™s probably needed.

Honestly, im devastated, McGrath aside I feel like we just grabbed a bunch of solid plodders.

Hope youā€™re wrong.

He is.

Hawthorn taking the p1ss and drafted Mitchell Lewis.

Drafting on a literary level. Arseholes.

Hugh McCluggage requests trade away from Brisbane Posted: 25 November, 2016 by The Bull

Brisbane draftee Hugh McCluggage has apparently already requests a trade away from the club.

McCluggage would join a long line of Brisbane youngsters to depart the club early in their careers, but after approximately two hours on Brisbaneā€™s list he would be by far the quickest.

A source close to the youngster confirmed he had already ā€œpacked his McCluggageā€ and requested a trade back to Victoria.

ā€œHe said he just couldnā€™t do it. I mean, how could you?ā€ the source told The Greenfield Post.

we need a blitzcast now right now.

You really donā€™t want to hear what I have to say right now.

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didnā€™t pick up any of your favourites doesnā€™t mean they are all plodders

Itā€™s nothing against the kids we got, I hope they all become triple premiership players for us, and make me look like a pelican. I honestly donā€™t see how we filled any current or emerging hole on our list with the exception of McGrath. I had significant question marks over all the guys we picked. All decent prospects, but Clarke aside I feel like we over paid for all of them, and when I consider what we left on the board to take them it really upsets me.

Its almost as if we felt Jason Ashby left s significant hole we needed to fill three times.

Last years draft was significantly better.

We only seem to draft well when our backs are against the wall.

I really hope they all turn out great and wish them all the best, however as much as I try I just can't get excited.

Agree, I felt like the player we were after always went 2 or 3 picks before it was our turn, in saying that we turned our back on Shai Bolton, Battle and Willem Drew.
Time will tell I suppose.

See you all in 2017 when we are discussing who to get with pick 18
Are we gonna trade our pick 3?

ducks

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didnā€™t pick up any of your favourites doesnā€™t mean they are all plodders

Itā€™s nothing against the kids we got, I hope they all become triple premiership players for us, and make me look like a pelican. I honestly donā€™t see how we filled any current or emerging hole on our list with the exception of McGrath. I had significant question marks over all the guys we picked. All decent prospects, but Clarke aside I feel like we over paid for all of them, and when I consider what we left on the board to take them it really upsets me.

Its almost as if we felt Jason Ashby left s significant hole we needed to fill three times.

Last years draft was significantly better.

Hahaha YES

Edit: Actually, ā– ā– ā– ā–  it. Cannot be bothered. Carry on with the futuristic histrionics.

This thread is approaching all time great Blitz tanty status.

seriously, we ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  it.

Let them play before we rule them out as vanilla plodders, already so much negativity before theyā€™ve even played.

Seriously, give it a rest mate. Go for a walk, there is oxygen out there.

I really hope they all turn out great and wish them all the best, however as much as I try I just can't get excited.

Agree, I felt like the player we were after always went 2 or 3 picks before it was our turn, in saying that we turned our back on Shai Bolton, Battle and Willem Drew.
Time will tell I suppose.

I have no real issues about overlooking Drew - Anything he can do, Clarke can do better imho.

Bolton - hmmm. Well need a lot of development and a lot of improvement in his kicking. In a few years heā€™ll be a bust cos Richmond is a sticky pit of fail, and weā€™ll all congratulate Disco for dodging a bullet with this guy, but weā€™ll never know whether he could have been good.

Battle is one Iā€™ll grant you. Reckon heā€™d have been a good fit and I really like him as a player, reckon he adds something to our forward line that we donā€™t currently have (especially if Lav and Lang are midfield-bound in the longer term) but heā€™s by no means a no-brainer at 29. If heā€™d lasted to our third rounder and weā€™d overlooked him Iā€™d have been ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , but he didnā€™t

Operation get Setterfield back to the club he loves begins tomorrow.
Our record of nabbing high end talent from other clubs hasnā€™t been great. Heā€™s one to target.
Think heā€™ll be a gun

This thread is approaching all time great Blitz tanty status.

I admit Iā€™ve been in full tanty mode. Sorry, not sorry. Itā€™s borne out of passion and love for the club at the end of the day!

I just donā€™t rate our draft haul but to be fair a lot of that was to do with how things fell before our picks, so somewhat out of our control. As Dodoro said just before ā€œyou canā€™t get them all.ā€

Says to me he and the crew were really hoping a couple of guys such as Venables, Florent, Berry, Gallucci, Powell-Pepper etc were on the board at 20 but we had to re-adjust things from that point.

Pretty much everyone disagrees... all draft watchers are saying Essendon did very very well
Operation get Setterfield back to the club he loves begins tomorrow. Our record of nabbing high end talent from other clubs hasn't been great. He's one to target. Think he'll be a gun

It started with picking up Koby Mutch I reckon.

Well done to Brisbane. Got the best player and another pick.

Fark off they did. We got the best player!