2016 Draft Night Live ... Thread... buffering

Do we have any primary list spots left or is it full now with just the rookie draft in which we’ll likely re-rookie McKernan & Eades and have 1 ‘live’ pick?

Who the fark knows anything about anything anyway? Good luck new drafties. I hope all of you get a house out of this.

Something tells me SPS, Ainsworth and our boy will be the big 3 of this years draft when doing a retrospect in 3-4 years time.

Clugg too of course who could.be anything the way he reads the play, just think those first three have that little bit of mongrel/aggression in them along with the sublime footy skills.

Lots of good mids.

… need to qualify… I know less than FA… although I do spend a hell of a lot of time on here lurking (ditto twitter)

… my view is who knows… who here on draft night knew that Zerret and Raz were going to turn out how they did? I prefer to have faith and wait and see

I think swans taking Florent was the real shake up because could have seen him sliding otherwise with non Vic clubs supposedly not likely to pick him up

What Jackets said was, to paraphrase:

“We were looking for grit.Natural footballers”.

Begley/Clarke are that.

Ridley seems like he gives himself a great chance of being a really solid player. Having played successfully in a number of positions,
Could be an inspired choice if he’s able to get some genuine size on him.

Still on the board - Sproule, Scharenberg, Olango, Ronke, HepA, Duman, Junker, Piper, Romensky.

Lebois, who I think could be a real gun

Rookie chance? Any hope at all??

I’d not keep Eades and take him if that’s any indication. Will he be rookies. For sure. By us? Don’t think so.

Do we have any primary list spots left or is it full now with just the rookie draft in which we'll likely re-rookie McKernan & Eades and have 1 'live' pick?

FWIW this is correct.

Senior list is now full.

No PSD picks.

Now just the rookie list to go.

3 picks.

Maybe McKernan and Eades to take two of those spots… maybe.

Edit : plus the rookie B list of course.

we need a blitzcast now right now.

You really don’t want to hear what I have to say right now.

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didn’t pick up any of your favourites doesn’t mean they are all plodders

It’s nothing against the kids we got, I hope they all become triple premiership players for us, and make me look like a pelican. I honestly don’t see how we filled any current or emerging hole on our list with the exception of McGrath. I had significant question marks over all the guys we picked. All decent prospects, but Clarke aside I feel like we over paid for all of them, and when I consider what we left on the board to take them it really upsets me.

Its almost as if we felt Jason Ashby left s significant hole we needed to fill three times.

Last years draft was significantly better.

We only seem to draft well when our backs are against the wall.

I cant really complain toi much I wanted mcluggage but mcgrath will still be good.

Most of the boys i wanted at 20 were already gone.

Only witherden/bolton and ridley seems like a ok prospect.

At 31 same again guys i thought might be there were gone.

Brisbane, suns and giants drafts look good
Lions - mcluggage, berry, witherden, cox
Suns- ainsworth, scrimshaw, brodie, Bowes, Scheer
Giants 4 picks before our second.
Taranto, Setterfield, Perryman, ■■■■■■■

Eagles good venables, rotham, rioli, waterman

whos glen luff?

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.

Glenn Luff: “Out of the Victoria clubs I think Bombers have been the big winner. They get an ‘A’. They’ve had a couple of good drafts now”

I hope he is right.

whos glen luff?

Champion data guy I think

Really think Jackets has overlooked a dual promo situation with MCG and Antler Luggage.

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.

Glenn Luff: “Out of the Victoria clubs I think Bombers have been the big winner. They get an ‘A’. They’ve had a couple of good drafts now”

He’s talking statistically.

What Jackets said was, to paraphrase:

“We were looking for grit.Natural footballers”.

Begley/Clarke are that.

Ridley seems like he gives himself a great chance of being a really solid player. Having played successfully in a number of positions,
Could be an inspired choice if he’s able to get some genuine size on him.

Willie Rioli is a natural footballer with grit.

we need a blitzcast now right now.

You really don’t want to hear what I have to say right now.

Give the kids a chance. Just cos we didn’t pick up any of your favourites doesn’t mean they are all plodders

It’s nothing against the kids we got, I hope they all become triple premiership players for us, and make me look like a pelican. I honestly don’t see how we filled any current or emerging hole on our list with the exception of McGrath. I had significant question marks over all the guys we picked. All decent prospects, but Clarke aside I feel like we over paid for all of them, and when I consider what we left on the board to take them it really upsets me.

Its almost as if we felt Jason Ashby left s significant hole we needed to fill three times.

Last years draft was significantly better.

We only seem to draft well when our backs are against the wall.

I cant really complain toi much I wanted mcluggage but mcgrath will still be good.

Most of the boys i wanted at 20 were already gone.

Only witherden/bolton and ridley seems like a ok prospect.

At 31 same again guys i thought might be there were gone.

Brisbane, suns and giants drafts look good
Lions - mcluggage, berry, witherden, cox
Suns- ainsworth, scrimshaw, brodie, Bowes, Scheer
Giants 4 picks before our second.
Taranto, Setterfield, Perryman, ■■■■■■■

Eagles good venables, rotham, rioli, waterman

I like Sydney’s four picks a lot actually:

Florent, Hayward, Maibaum, Darcy Cameron.

All different types who all fill a need.

For all those predicted to get picked, there were more than 20 drafted I’d never heard of.

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.

He’s talking statistically.

Champion data is a pox on football.

Just saw the bloke Freo got in the 2nd rnd. Sean Darcy. I really hope the don’t train the excess condition out of him. looks fantastic.

Amazed at how welded on to phantom-media hype some are. How is Luke Parker going, that average kick, average paced pick 41.