2016 Post-Match Grand Final thread Essendon defeat Hawthorn 14.21 (105) 12.9 (81)

You generally put the score of the team that defeated the other before them.

Either Essendon defeat Hawthorn 14.21 (105) to 12.9 (81), or Hawthorn lost to Essendon 12.9 (81) to 14.21 (105).

/pedantic

Edit: Looks like I was too late with this comment.

oh sorry, i thought this was the Leicester City thread, carry on.

Hawthorn make a 5th GF in a row? ■■■■ me!

Haha, we win a flag after losing half our best side and being tipped to finish bottom, and you’re still finding something to whine about.
On brand!!

In this fantasy, couldn’t we beat someone else like Port? Maybe also add that lobbe got injured early and they were short one ruckman?

I know you shouldn’t take joy from a player getting injured but when Mitchell tore his hammy off the bone in the first minute I was laughing that hard I honestly could not finish my beer until quarter time.

I still think the highlight of the year was coming back from 10 goals down to knock off Richmond in the first week of the finals. Fark, were they hopping mad or what!

It’s a pity The Age went into administration at the beginning of the week and made redundant all its journalists (lucky Rohan and Emma got out early). Would have been nice to see the write up of this victory…

Cant believe the AFP finally charged Vlad and Caro for leaking and publishing confidential information. They must have been sitting on that investigation for years!! If I was them I’d just plead and take a fair whack, should be able to get out of jail within a year if lucky…

The match day thread to three quarter time, when we’d kicked 5.15, is ugly. Swinging Brown forward in the second half, after he’d spent all year down back, was a coaching masterstroke.

Just a shame that Robert Walls wasn’t alive to see it…

The match day thread to three quarter time, when we'd kicked 5.15, is ugly. Swinging Brown forward in the second half, after he'd spend all year down back, was a coaching masterstroke.

Yeah so was the Ambrose to ruck decision. Spear tackling Hawthorn’s ruck options until they were concussion subbed out worked a treat

Also, when Woosha let rip a nice big Fark Carlton in Gill’s ear as he was waffling on during the presentation

TIPPA dominating at CHF

The match day thread to three quarter time, when we'd kicked 5.15, is ugly. Swinging Brown forward in the second half, after he'd spend all year down back, was a coaching masterstroke.
Yeah so was the Ambrose to ruck decision. Spear tackling Hawthorn's ruck options until they were concussion subbed out worked a treat
http://www.dominiquefalla.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/whoosh.png
Just a shame that Robert Walls wasn't alive to see it...

Farking bang!

Absolutely loved it in the third quarter when Tippa tackled Mitchell and drove him into the turf. Instead of the stretcher they bypassed the middle man and sent a hearse onto the ground to retrieve what was left.

Loved the half time show. Paul Little’s corporate Blackhawk landing on MCG, ex SAS troopers kidnapping Fitzpatrick then dumping him in the Werribee sewage farm.

Laverde going full beast mode late in the first quarter really set the tone for the rest of the day. We fell behind but went in hard all day and never gave in from that moment, which is why I felt we were still in it despite inaccurate goal kicking.

It was a thing of beauty watching him smashing the pack after the throw in on the wing, flattening Mitchell & Lewis at the contest, breaking a Cyril tackle while moving through HF and leaving him on the ground, then dropping Hodge with a don’t argue right on the 50, before snapping a long goal.

Captain courageous of course came back on with a bandage wrapped round his head and limped his way through the game. But it was to good to see LAV! finish the job off at the three quarter time brawl.

Scott Gumbleton coming out of retirement at half time to kick 10 goals straight was the turning point. Am I doing it right?

Scott Gumbleton coming out of retirement at half time to kick 10 goals straight was the turning point. Am I doing it right?

GUMBY!

Great Thread.

Remember when that dirty prick mitchell tried his lead with the knee and cork the opposition player move and accidentally kneed himself

oh how i laughed

Fark I was livid when that dirty dog Hodge elbowed Hartley in the head when he had his head down over the ball.

Good to see him give the thumbs up as he was carted off the ground on the stretcher.

It briefly stopped our momentum when play resumed and Gunston scored that goal but the boys weren’t gonna let this one slip and just smashed them from that point on.

Nice touch with Joey Daniher having the ball in his hands in the back pocket when the siren went and throwing the ball in the air.

All the Bombers fans around me were crying when the siren went, very emotional.

What a brilliant day all round.