2016 Top 10 Draft Predictions

Will hayward invited to afl draft possible top 10 selection now, swans perhaps.

Brenton Phillips ‏@sticks123456789
Well done @Will_Hayward1 invited to the @AFLDraft in Sydney @SANFL @NorthAdelaideFC

Well done @Will_Hayward1 invited to the @AFLDraft in Sydney @SANFL @NorthAdelaideFC

Highly doubt they need another forward would think Logue or pace is what they need

Highly doubt they need another forward would think Logue or pace is what they need

They do. Scoring was an issue in the grand final.

They let Membrey go stupidly it seems, went after Mason Wood big time last year but didn’t get him, and had Richards who they just likely lost to us playing 3rd tall around Buddy & Tippett.

Reid is coming back from injury but is big time injury prone. And also more genuine kpp size.

I think Haywood fits that 3rd tall forward they need well. But agreed they also need outside pace, quality fwds harder to get though than outside pace.

I’m not sure what they have in their academy however though.

Only 15 players get invited so he must be a massive chance for top 10 would love to know who else has gotten an invite

#1 McCluggage Ess.
#2 McGrath GWS
#3 Bowes Bris, matched by Suns
#4 Ainsworth Lions
#5 Setterfield Carl, matched by GWS
#6 Brodie Carl
#7 SPS Suns
#8 English Frem
#9 Scrimshaw Suns
#10 Taranto Syd

#1 McCluggage Ess. #2 McGrath GWS #3 Bowes Bris, matched by Suns #4 Ainsworth Lions #5 Setterfield Carl, matched by GWS #6 Brodie Carl #7 Scrimshaw Suns #8 English Frem #9 Scrimshaw Suns #10 Taranto Syd
Suns will be ■■■■■■ off when they realise they drafted the same player at 7&9.
#1 McCluggage Ess. #2 McGrath GWS #3 Bowes Bris, matched by Suns #4 Ainsworth Lions #5 Setterfield Carl, matched by GWS #6 Brodie Carl #7 Scrimshaw Suns #8 English Frem #9 Scrimshaw Suns #10 Taranto Syd
Nah. That means they can lose one back to Victoria in two years time and still keep the other one.

Sorry, oops meant to be SPS, made a few alterations before posting.

Throwing cat amongst the pigeons with Setterfield at 1 but it’s every chance to happen.

1. EFC - Setterfield
  2. GWS - McGrath
  3. GC - Bowes (after BL bid)
  4. BL - McCluggage
  5. CAR - Ainsworth
  6. GC - Scrimshaw
  7. FRE - SPS
  8. GC - Logue
  9. SYD - Haywood
  10. GC - Brodie

The thing I find most difficult about this is GC having so many top 10 picks. There is no way they just pick 4 midfielders and those they do need to be different types. Bowes is a given, Scrimshaw they apparently very keen on. Thinking the inside brute of Brodie they may go for at 10, if not Taranto or Berry.

And kpf’s they have strong setup as do they for rucks so in terms of the highly rated tall I’m guessing Logue as the kpd might be it, chosen ahead of Sydney deliberately who were said to be keen also.

Brisbane may stick to original plan of Ainsworth also since he actually wants to play for them and barracks for the Lions… leaving Clug to Blues! :#

Throwing cat amongst the pigeons with Setterfield at 1 but it's every chance to happen.
  1. EFC - Setterfield
  2. GWS - McGrath
  3. GC - Bowes (after BL bid)
  4. BL - McCluggage
  5. CAR - Ainsworth
  6. GC - Scrimshaw
  7. FRE - SPS
  8. GC - Logue
  9. SYD - Haywood
  10. GC - Brodie

The thing I find most difficult about this is GC having so many top 10 picks. There is no way they just pick 4 midfielders and those they do need to be different types. Bowes is a given, Scrimshaw they apparently very keen on. Thinking the inside brute of Brodie they may go for, if not Taranto or Berry.

And kpf’s they have strong setup as do they for rucks so in terms of the highly rated tall I’m guessing Logue as the kpd might be it, chosen ahead of Sydney deliberately who were said to be keen also.

Brisbane may stick to original plan of Ainsworth also since he actually wants to play for the and barracks for the Lions… leaving Clug to Blues! :#

Taranto and English to slide out of the 8, interesting choice.

Hahahahaha…I can just see it now…Clug going to farkcarlton, and becoming a squib overnight on Blitz …

Hahahahaha...I can just see it now...Clug going to farkcarlton, and becoming a squib overnight on Blitz ....

All part of the Murphy/Thomas handover plan.

Only 15 players get invited so he must be a massive chance for top 10 would love to know who else has gotten an invite

Any idea on how they determine which 15 to invite? Is it like the combine where they invite clubs to nominate a few names and whoever is nominated the most gets invited?
Otherwise, does it imply some knowledge in advance by those doing the inviting, as to who is going to be picked where?
I fins it hard to understand how that would be the case, or that it would be just some AFL person’s best guess.

Any idea on how they determine which 15 to invite? Is it like the combine where they invite clubs to nominate a few names and whoever is nominated the most gets invited?
Otherwise, does it imply some knowledge in advance by those doing the inviting, as to who is going to be picked where?
I fins it hard to understand how that would be the case, or that it would be just some AFL person’s best guess.

Surely they just get the top 10 draft picks clubs to go who so you want at your pick.

For example essendon would go setterfield McGrath clugga

Then gws would go well McGrath or clugga or setterfield

And so on

Assuming a few points

Simpkin goes top ten.

Galucci to north

Marshall to dogs

Who falls out?

Assuming a few points

Simpkin goes top ten.

Galucci to north

Marshall to dogs

Who falls out?

Florent apparently would rather not leave vic, maybe Berry

Assuming a few points

Simpkin goes top ten.

Galucci to north

Marshall to dogs

Who falls out?

Not exactly sure but my wishlist is that one or more of the following are somehow on the board at 20:

• Simpkin
  • Florent
  • Berry
  • Venables

Logic says it is nigh on impossible for Simpkin to still be there at pick 20 and the other 3 are more likely than not to have already been snapped up but there’d be some outside chance that Berry or Venables are still there.

If all of these guys are gone then my next rung of preferences include:

• Alex Witherden
  • Luke Ryan (even better if we can get him at 29)
  • Shai Bolton (on talent easily but some question marks)
  • Sam Powell-Pepper (not sold but has some nice traits)

Based on a selection of 4 random BigFooty phantom drafts.

Assuming a few points

Simpkin goes top ten.

Galucci to north

Marshall to dogs

Who falls out?

Battle is another that will go before our pick. I think Venables goes to us

Gee there is plenty to work with when it comes to Venables. The raw talent is immense. So that would be an exciting journey.

His injuries are a little concerning and his lack of tank but no doubt the two are linked and we’d back ourselves in to get his body right.

Explosive. Lav and he are very similar and funnily enough are from the same club, Keilor.