2016 Top 10 Draft Predictions

Laverde will slip to 19. Carlton are gonna pull a surprise!

English or Florent could make it.

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell!! Not sure if this is the best thread to put it in but there are reports emerging that GWS are set to be stripped of a first and second round selection at this upcoming draft!!

That could really shake things up a bit!!

It may well be the pick #15 and the #37 and the pick 2 is left alone but even that would have some consequences.

Our pick 20 would return back to its rightful pick 19 and it would also affect their ability and desire to match bids on certainly Perryman and perhaps Setterfield as well, depending on where the nominations come in at.

There are a handful of others as well such as Sproule, Mutch, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , Macreadie, Tiziani etc.

Linkage

Why 15 and 37, and not 2 and 15? We were out of the first two rounds for a year, with only an end of first in the following year.

GWS losing pick 2 would not materially benefit us (whilst it would materially benefit Carlton), but I cannot understand why this would not be on the table. (No, thatā€™s not entirely correct, I know the reason is because the AFL needs a strong GWS, I just think that that reason is ****.)

Why 15 and 37, and not 2 and 15? We were out of the first two rounds for a year, with only an end of first in the following year.

GWS losing pick 2 would not materially benefit us (whilst it would materially benefit Carlton), but I cannot understand why this would not be on the table. (No, thatā€™s not entirely correct, I know the reason is because the AFL needs a strong GWS, I just think that that reason is ****.)

Because pick two was from a trade not a pick give to them.

If they lost pick 15 and 37 and we bid on Setterfield at 1, they are in trouble with points for this and next draft. Especially if Perryman get a top ten bid too.

I wonder if the AFL would call us and tell us not to bid.

Because pick two was from a trade not a pick give to them.

If they lost pick 15 and 37 and we bid on Setterfield at 1, they are in trouble with points for this and next draft. Especially if Perryman get a top ten bid too.

I wonder if the AFL would call us and tell us not to bid.

You raise a good point. whipes foam from mouth

Bit of a thought exercise to see if Brodie could fall to 20, has a couple of assumptions built in.

1. GWS loose 15 and 37
  2. Bris bid on Bowes
  3. GC bid on setterfield
  4. Couple of invitees and rumours built in
  5. See if it is at all possible for Brodie to fall that far.

Picks

1. ESS McCluggage
  2. GWS McGrath
  3. GCS Bowes
  4. BL Ainsworth
  5. Carl SPS
  6. GWS Setterfield
  7. GC Toranto
  8. Freo Battle
  9. GC Scrimshaw
  10. SYD Simpkin
  11. GC Bolton
  12. North Galucci
  13. WC English
  14. ADEL Vennables
  15. Port Drew
  16. BL Berry
  17. Port Forent
  18. WB Marshall
  19. SYD Logue
  20. ESS Brodie

Remember Laverde was supposed to be top 5 and dropped. So in an even year could this happen?

That would be an absolute dream Nocturnal but unfortunately it just wonā€™t happen. He is just too good to fall that far. If a team selected Willem Drew ahead of Brodie for instance they should be sacked on the spot. And Drew might even turn out to be a handy player. But Brodie is materially better and plays the primarily the same role. And that is just one example.

If it plays out like that though Iā€™ll buy you a slab lol

Hahahahaha...I can just see it now...Clug going to farkcarlton, and becoming a squib overnight on Blitz ....
That would be an exaggeration by Blitz.

Itā€™ll take a full pre-season for Fark Carlton to properly spudify him.

Wait, they get to keep pick 2? ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. Someone burn afl house to the ground this is bullshit

Dont see why gws is penalised. Should be the player. Or a warning.
Gws just followed afl administrators lead. Pretend nothing happened and ask the age to write a james hird article.

To be honest Iā€™m surprised that they are even copping a punishment this severe. Losing a 1st and 2nd round draft pick is a pretty heavy punishment in anyoneā€™s language. I mean for GWS and their constant flow of Academy kids it is kinda like a blip on the radar, but in isolation it is a reasonable punishment.

All over a kid who had a party drug and then shat himself when he remembered what happened to the Collingwood players a few weeks earlier lol. Club then complicit in ā€˜hidingā€™ him.

The AFL punishing GWS is like the AFL punishing themselves. Itā€™s weird, but Iā€™m glad itā€™s happening by all reports.

Its almost like gws getting too good and too many academy kids this draft, we wil take some picks off you so other clubs dont whinge. Use drugs scandal as reason behind it. When real reason is afl gave them too many concessions to begin with.

Its almost like gws getting too good and too many academy kids this draft, we wil take some picks off you so other clubs dont whinge. Use drugs scandal as reason behind it. When real reason is afl gave them too many concessions to begin with.

Yeah fair call.

For me that is the bigger issue. It is an absolute disgrace that they are getting access rights year after year to players who are from towns by the Murray which are aussie rules heartland. It has to stop.

Keep it for genuine regional NSW towns where league and union are number 1 and the club have to put work in to get these players to play our game who would otherwise be lost to it. Thatā€™s fine. But not this complete and utter bull$hit that exists at the moment.

Iā€™d rather hear news that they were having their academy rights geographically re-zoned than a draft penalty for this particular indiscretion. But for now Iā€™ll take it.

I still find it to be bullshit that the team that finished first can have 6 quality top 40 pics coming to them

Setter and Perry top 10

The rest 11 to 30

I hope we pick Toronto so everyone can misspell his name as Taranto.

Yeah fair call.

For me that is the bigger issue. It is an absolute disgrace that they are getting access rights year after year to players who are from towns by the Murray which are aussie rules heartland. It has to stop.

Keep it for genuine regional NSW towns where league and union are number 1 and the club have to put work in to get these players to play our game who would otherwise be lost to it. Thatā€™s fine. But not this complete and utter bull$hit that exists at the moment.

Iā€™d rather hear news that they were having their academy rights geographically re-zoned than a draft penalty for this particular indiscretion. But for now Iā€™ll take it.

Iā€™m getting weirded out by you having a conversation with yourself.

Yeah fair call.

Iā€™m getting weirded out by you having a conversation with yourself.

lol I canā€™t even say that I was the original article either. Just checked, he joined 2 months before me haha.

Assuming a few points

Simpkin goes top ten.

Galucci to north

Marshall to dogs

Who falls out?

Not exactly sure but my wishlist is that one or more of the following are somehow on the board at 20:

• Simpkin
  • Florent
  • Berry
  • Venables

Logic says it is nigh on impossible for Simpkin to still be there at pick 20 and the other 3 are more likely than not to have already been snapped up but thereā€™d be some outside chance that Berry or Venables are still there.

If all of these guys are gone then my next rung of preferences include:

• Alex Witherden
  • Luke Ryan (even better if we can get him at 29)
  • Shai Bolton (on talent easily but some question marks)
  • Sam Powell-Pepper (not sold but has some nice traits)

There was talk on the Bulldogs board that theyā€™re really keen on Luke Ryan, seems to be a decent chance of being taken with one of their first two picks. Really starting to look like some of the top-rated prospects could slide to our pick 20.