2017 Candidate Q and A

What is the clubs logic of agitating a few thousand voting members (ie. those with AFL Club Support) re: AFL Members w/ Essendon Club Support screwed over

The sad thing is that 99.95% of the AFL Club Support members would have no idea in this change of policy until Essendon get to a Grand Final and then they would find they have been stripped of their right to enter the club GF ticket ballot (as the poor Tiger fans found out this year)

Why should Essendon AFL Club Support members be forced to purchase a pointless duplicate membership just to access a GF ticket ballot or purchase the GFG? Why the change as for the past 20 or so years AFL Club Support Members have been treated equal but are now fobbed off as second class citizens

I have spoken to the AFL Membership Manager and they are fuming with the clubs change of tact (but admitted they can’t do much about it but may look at withholding some of the money that goes back to the club) and have also spoken to a very unhelpful individual at EFC named Simon Whelan who arrogantly fobbed me off with the line “buy an Essendon membership”

Hey Simon I already have one! It’s an Essendon club membership with full voting rights, get sent the dodgy membership pack, GA access to 11 home games, can purchase upgraded seating in the Essendon allocation, access to purchase Finals tickets in Weeks 1-3 from the Essendon member allocation without the need to once step inside the AFL Reserve I shouldn’t need to purchase a duplicate one

Anyone who can give back AFL Club Support members equal rights gets my vote