2017 Candidate Q and A

@Paul_Cousins
Disappointed for you Paul.

Whilst you will no doubt be very gracious with the outcome you should be acknowledged as having made a significant contribution to the club which will have a lasting impact on where we are now heading.

Well done.

Bring back the Cheap Seats.

17 Likes

Also appreciation for his candour in responding to questions on the site.

4 Likes

As if you’re getting rid of me that easily…

5 Likes

Wonder if the players will liaise with shareholders for wellman too.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Catherine_Lio. I’m glad you have a further term to continue your good work.

Sorry to see @Paul_Cousins lose his place. Thanks for serving and for your contributions to the club and to Blitz.

Finally welcome to the board Sean Wellman. All the best in continuing the high standards set these past few years.

8 Likes

@Paul_Cousins , thank you for your contribution and taking the time out to talk with us on the board. i hope you put yourself on the ballot next election we have. youve done an outstanding job. will you be continuing with any role for the VFL side?

8 Likes

Congrats @Catherine_Lio !!! It’s great to see you back.

@Paul_Cousins , i’m disappointed for you but hopefully it frees up a bit of time for your family and the cheap seats!

5 Likes

Thanks mate, very kind. Doubtful on The Cheap Seats, but never say never.

5 Likes

Thanks SJ. The VFL Presidency is historically a board role so not sure, the Chair and CEO have been kind enough to indicate to me they’d like me to stay involved in some way so we’ll see, probably take a little time to clear my head.

21 Likes

All the best Paul. You will be missed on the Board

4 Likes

Congratulations to Katie and Sean. My condolences to Paul, thankyou for your contribution to the club, hope you stay involved with the VFL side :).

5 Likes

When Katie gives her acceptance speech at the AGM can someone from here ask her the question we’ve all been thinking - given you are crazy mad like us and spend 24/7 on Bomberblitz, and you’re on the Board and you have a day job, when do you get time for cooking, knitting and needlework?

Lite n Easy.
Credit card.
Needlework is purely for stabbing people.

Nailed it

6 Likes

YOU’VE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY HAWTHORN!

5 Likes

How long has Franga been promoting L&E?

3 Likes

hey Katie

what are you up to? I know it’s holidays but you must have some 2nd term Board goss for us by now. will you get a seat at the table closer to the Chair this term or maybe an extra biscuit with your tea?

ewok

hahaha Hi!

I try to move seats a fair bit to be honest. Don’t like to sit next to the same people.

Did you see the back of my head was famous in The Hangar video? People keep asking it for autographs. Had to change the colour to try and keep it grounded, ya know?

Is this like one of those ‘where’s wally’ challenges where we have to spot your head among all the less(?) inspiring footage re our footy club? I struggle to find my socks in the drawer.

Great to see you’ve taken on the whole - Hotel Blitz, I can check out any time I like but I will never leave - thing! Are you considering a longer term promotion from the EFC Board to Bomberblitz moderator?

3 Likes

It’s the dream!

1 Like

It’s a joke and that the clubs are silent on it which is significantly detrimental to their future revenue stream makes it is even more puzzling.

All the club chairman’s should be going public about it, as by the time the 6 years is up it’s going to be too late, they will be competing with every other Aussie code, steaming service and intl sport for content viewing time. The protections they have now will be completely gone and they aren’t even attempting to build the market and pricing for it now.