2017 Candidate Q and A

Oops! sorry!

Hot jam donuts every time!

2 Likes

Lavender is indigenous. Arrernte tribe (Alice Springs).

12 Likes

Just as I have stated donā€™t vote for me because I am a woman so recruitment is not based on whether or not a player is indigenous or not. You recruit the best available players. However I know our club works hard at interacting with the indigenous community so if the right player comes along I am sure they will snap him up.

2 Likes

Club contribution to the pathway to developing indigenous player capacity to achieve elite level and to maintain elite level- including through player welfare for those separated from their families and community - should be recognised , beyond the actual numbers recruited.

4 Likes

To all candidatesā€¦what is your favourite Radiohead song? (hint, if you say Creep youā€™re a fraud)

Honestly it changes with my mood. It goes from There, There to True Love Waits to How To Disappear Completely.

And now if you will excuse me, I need to put Radiohead on.

2 Likes

Promote this woman!

1 Like

I donā€™t want to hijack this thread, but did you go to their last Australian tour? MY GOD.

Edit for transparencyā€¦

1 Like

@benfti

2 Likes

Yes, yes I did. Front row Rod Laver was amazing. They donā€™t want to come back tho :sob:

1 Like

Sorry, didnā€™t know that.

1 Like

Neither did I, and I thought I had my finger on the pulse

1 Like

Iā€™ll be brief as Iā€™m at my 5 year oldā€™s dance concert but couldnā€™t let this pass - either Fake Plastic Trees or Paranoid Android.
OK Computer is top 5 all time for me. Hopefully one of these dances is set to Radiohead.

3 Likes

I will pass my vote onto the relevant person in charge of members scarves.

2 Likes

Think Katie covered this one Blitzemnow, though Iā€™d add that the future AFLW license, while disappointing that we donā€™t yet have one, is largely a formality at this point.
The good news is that weā€™ll now have really strong development programs in place via our VFLW team and NGA that should hold us in great stead when we do enter the AFLW fray.
Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

1 Like

Again I think Katie covered this one but Iā€™ll just add that the club as a whole is incredibly passionate about our NGAā€™s and really getting involved in not only football but the communities of our zones on Tiwi and West Arnhem, obviously the club fought hard for the regions with our strong ties and weā€™re already making great strides.
As for the lack of indigenous players on our current list, I can assure you it hasnā€™t been planned that way. The club took a pretty big chance on Yestin Eades last year that unfortunately didnā€™t work out, but also took a chance on Walla when no one else was that has worked out amazingly well.
Everyone at the club canā€™t wait for the talent weā€™re beginning to nurture at the academy levels to start to come through, itā€™s extremely exciting.

1 Like

http://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/media/feature-stories/national-indigenous-squad-national-performance-squad-australia-a-marcus-stoinis-brisbane/2015-07-15

4 Likes

Awesome! Shame he dropped Cricket but glad he has chosen the bombers, good luck to the lad

3 Likes

I think @gaiwilliams might have missed this one