2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

I don’t know if it’s been covered, but Sean Wellman has put in an application to run for the board. IMO would be the perfect replacement for Chris Heffernan.
He has a vast experience of being an assistant coach, at Essendon and other clubs. No brainer that he could be link between the football department at the board, much like Heffernan.

4 Likes

I like Wellman :slight_smile:
(punctuation mine)

3 Likes

Yep, would love him back at the club in any capacity.

3 Likes

Big fan of wellman - both on and off the field.

6 Likes

You know what we should do? We should bring back an assistant coach who was there when the supplements program started and ran and insert him into the key governance oversight role of the football department going forward. That’s what we should do…

1 Like

Fair enough.

I have little insight on what actually happened at the time but if you think he’s responsible then yeah he shouldn’t be at the club.

I wouldn’t hang him out to dry though just for being there at the time.

Definitely wouldn’t hang him out to dry. Everyone made mistakes at that time. Just wouldn’t elect him to the board.

Like I say, I have no inside knowledge of what happen at the time so I cant judge.

I have moved on and I believe everyone is entitled to have a chance.

Each to there own I guess.

So you’d happily have Dank back at the club? Rosinson?

We have players still playing at our club.

3 Likes

Players weren’t in charge of the program. In my eyes they are the wronged party in all of this.

2 Likes

Like I say, I have no idea how much responsibility Wellman would have had either.

I believe James was unfairly held responsible as well. But thats just me.

4 Likes

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Would that extend to any directors that were on the board at the time? Probably not many left.

On wellman I’m directly referring to the what he did for the players during their suspension - he was massive and shouldn’t be underestimated - a real pillar for them. Guess that is different to whether he is appropriate for the Board and that is something everyone will need to assess.

Just one thing, I read there is 2 spots up for grabs but with Heffernan’a departure is that 3?

4 Likes

No. It’s two. Heffs replacement will be appointed. If they wanted Wellman they could have appointed him.

2 Likes

Thanks Darli - appreciate it.

And Melbourne has Simon Goodwin as head coach.

9 Likes

They do indeed. And he’s doing a fine job. As, most likely would Welly in a coaching role. Not a governanace role.

Well, if that sentence is true, then he isn’t taking Heffernan spot.

1 Like

Wellman equated to the likes of Dank and Robinson.

2 Likes

replace assistant with senior too.