2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Attempts to influence are becoming counterproductive imo.

3 Likes

particularly given that everyone on this site are stubborn bastards and have already made up their minds… if they haven’t already voted.

Adopting the American model, not voting then gonna complain about the board members.

like the 50000 other members.

2 Likes

I figure most have already voted.

Sharing election related info that others may not be aware of is no different than any other kind of footy news. If I find something relevant or interesting I’ll share it…like this video from Gai

Hughes is from a coterie - Coteries have relationships with players - It could one of many people who opened their mouth - Would have been better if this was kept in-house until the appropriate time - These things happen

Hi Soulnet,

Hope you are well.

Have a look at this video for what I stand for and what I would like to bring to the board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQRXQxlvcqQ&t=1s

This will hopefully answer some of your questions. I will attempt to answer the others.

Overall Soulnet, there is a gap on the board for an expert in marketing and branding. I fill this gap. I have built a business from the ground up and service many big brands and start up business on how to grow their business and market their products, target new customers etc etc. I will bring this expertise to the board. We need this expertise.

I have been involved in the club for over 6 years. I have dedicated time to help raise funds for the club, bring in a network of people, help players with looking for jobs after retiring and career paths, help get people to events etc etc. I have literally dedicated thousands of hours over 6 years to helping the club. People who know me will know how much work I have put in. Ask the event staff and senior executive if you want to know.

I am not some big corporate guy coming in with a sinister agenda. I sit with all other members at Etihad near where the players come out with my father, brother and oldest daughter. I am just as passionate about the bombers as everyone else. I feel I can contribute more

I want to help the club get even better. As per what was being said at the Members forum on Tuesday night, we have had a good year, but we need to get better. Are you happy coming 7th and not winning a final since 2004? We need the best team on and off the field to get better and we need specific skill sets to help get us there.

Yes I would resign from the EEC if I was elected. I am sure I would go to events but I wouldn’t lead it.
EEC is a business network. All coteries usually have some criteria. This is just happens to be business. People have joined through people they know etc. It is a friends of friends. We have deliberately kept it small because it means people can get to know each other and become good friends. We haven’t advertised it widely at all( hence not on this site). I organised an event last night for members (not EEC and did actually have it posted on "red and black don the sash site.

How will I focus on individuals, family, 3 game etc? Well first of all listen to them and understand if they have any particular issues. I am sure most of them are happy. I have spoken with a lot of regional members over the last week and I am understanding the issues they have. I.E feeling a bit left out as they obviously take a long time to travel to games and feel that they don’t get to meet players etc. So I think the regional members should be put on the agenda and perhaps work out some ways to engage better with them.

Regards to the other candidates, look I am sure I could work well with any of them well. They are all strong candidates and I commend all of them for having a crack.

Hot Jam donuts by the way ha ha.

1 Like

Thanks Simon.

Don’t forget these three.

I haven’t voted yet…

Is it a case of one man’s lack of restraint is another man’s ‘engagement with the fanbase’ though?

Politics is politics after all.

I voted for the PCKL combo first time round, in hindsight partly because there were others that I didn’t want to see on the board. There was no doubt Hirdy was the biggest factor though as I’m sure it was for many others at the time.

Then we got to the point in time where he got shafted, then I went through (still going through…) the scorched earth phase and while there are some things that still don’t sit well with me, its hard to deny the progress the club have made on and off the field over the last 24 months.

There also seems to be little to suggest that we won’t continue to experience positive progress both on and off the field by staying the current course.

No idea what happens with the vote, but the case to stay the course seems far more compelling than the calls to alter it.

2 Likes

Make sure you do vote! I would love to see more members getting involved.

Yes, I will vote… Just haven’t done so yet.

The club was treating it as secret. Someone putting themselves up for that kind of position should respect that.

1 Like

Scooter and many others tweeted it.

None of whom are running for a position on the board.

As an aside, not a great analogy. Both illegal and morally wrong.

I actually thought it was pretty good as an explanation.

And since when is having a big night out on the drink illegal? The moral part is debatable, as each person may have different views.

Binge-drinking. That’s being plastered. In public, it is as I described.
But anyway, whatever.

Couple of the players weighing in behind Wellman on Twitter today.

They’d know him pretty well, having trained with him through the Asada Bullcrap Year, but still not sure of the propriety of listed players effectively lobbying in a board election?

Lloydy pumped up Welly today as well. Seems a bit of a concidence that they should all just happen to decide to talk him up on the same day…

It would be a brave club official or Board to attempt to intervene in what the players tweet. There is probably still a bit of ill feeling about the X tweet on the player performance earlier this year. If they are not dumping on the current Board or otherwise airing their dirty linen in public I don’t see a problem.

Welly tweeted for the first time since 2016.

1 Like