2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Just a question: EFC members are shareholders in the EFC. How many players would be EFC members as well as contracted employees?

2 Likes

Ooooo its a paradox.

Players get life membership after 10 years so those ones definitely are.

Really appreciate it RTBC!

1 Like

And do players get a discount at the Bomber Shop???

2 Likes

And do they like a…no, wait, that’s a terrible idea.

2 Likes

Can you hire a media department person that actually knows how to use memes?

thanks

as you can clearly see, man is hot, and has taken off his shirt (jacket).

3 Likes
2 Likes

Is it wrong that I don’t even know what meme they are referring to?

10 Likes

Can i change my vote?

1 Like

You can try… MWAHAHAHAHA

Paul & Katie got our votes.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Also, we have Justin Crow and Kim Brennan, that’s close to bringing back Max Crow, right? :rofl:

2 Likes

Not quite but we’re on the right track!

1 Like

We have to talk about the cat…

2 Likes

Often the players interests and the clubs are in conflict. For example, do you think the players for Norf are really happy about rebuilding, they might be happier winning 6-10 games with some of the players they cut, and some free agents than getting pantsed each week. The board on the other hand, think to compete in the future they have to load up on young blokes.

which one?

1 Like

This is the correct response.

I’m not saying the players have the right to control the board and thus have power over all decisions.

Rather they as a key stakeholder they have the right to be represented on the board.

I think there was a conversation with Darli and another person on the ideal composition of the board. During that it was floated that two board members should be past players. The point I’d make is that those two past players don’t need to be random selections, shouldn’t the players get some input into who they feel would best represent them.

I’d never want the players to approve/disapprove of all posts, but have no problem if they advocate for an individual from time to time.

1 Like

Your point is sound. The problem lies a little deeper. Let’s say Joe Blogs was pretty tight with the playing group and after a year or so decided to run for the board. How does Joe deal with the conflict of interest that’s bound to come when talks turn to trading player x, or how much, or little should player y be offered on his next contract or whether player z should be delisted.