2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

The point is they don’t make list decisions, full stop.

Even if there is ratification, … that is simply a backing of the decisions made by those we employ & pay to make them.

There is no conflict.

Paul and Catherine, my apologies for using the double negative in my last post. I meant to say that in my view you do not ignore or do not reflect the player interests in your Board decisions.
I have no criticism at all of your approach. I just don’t like other candidates being trashed for irrelevant reasons. And I know you have never done that.

3 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the insight.

1 Like

What is a list decision? Is a contract a list decision?
Was the level of compensation to offer the players a list decision?

I’ll ask again… exactly what do you think the Director of Football does?

1 Like

Why is that relevant? I don’t understand why you think it is.

Because you’re saying the Director of Football has nothing to do with football.

Sorry?

I haven’t mentioned a Director of Football at all.

No. You haven’t.

I would have thought contract decisions would be largely under the control of the List Manager (and his cadre) with input from the Football Director.

Delistings probably just the purview of the List Manager and senior coaching group.

I wouldn’t think the whole board would be involved in much other than contracts for the very highest, e.g. Lloyd and Hird in the early oughties. And in recruiting a controversial guy like Stringer.

1 Like

We don’t get to elect the football director anyway.

See this is why I get annoyed.

The board will appoint a football Director once the full makeup of the board is known.

They have appointed one new director, but that was to fill a skill gap they thought existed. They very well may think that there is someone on the current board who can step into Heffs role and thus use the opportunity to broaden their skill set.

do we have a DoF right now?

Yep… it’s Heff until he steps down … at the agm I think

what about department of football head?

You mean GM of footy… that’s vacant atm I believe

so whats the point of a DoF if we have GMoF?

Wrong

Again wrong

The simple answer is governance. That’s the boards role.

In my workplace we have 4 GMs a CEO and CFO, they’re responsible for overseeing the various departments, the board is responsible for overseeing them.

My word, any senior appointments need to go to the Board for endorsement. That has been the practice of Boards I have served on.