2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

I’d want him congratulated and your membership stripped if you order chicken salt.

The vast majority of the board would have no input into most day-to-day decisions, including the saga while it was occurring.

2 Likes

Ooo Ooo, can we have an argument about responsibility versus accountability?

1 Like

is the elections over yet?

1 Like

As to Wellman’s potential conflict of interest, I can’t see how a couple of players retweeting his tweet could possibly raise conflict of interest.

1 Like

ELABORATE!

No. You’re the one who’s wrong.

5 Likes

What? About the same way every board member deals with every decision given they’d have a relationship with people in the club? How does Eddie deal with Bucks??

Pushes his missus out of the bed!

4 Likes

What level of employee are you referring to? I’d be astounded to see a Board ratifying salaries, pay rises for regular employees. Only upper management’s remuneration packages and corporate bonuses would be something for the Board to deal with.

Then you should be astounded. Our board approves contracts for every level of employee. Also efficiency sharing agreements and of course executive incentive payments. They are updated on all contact negations and have to sign off before any changes are made.

That may not be the case everywhere, and indeed may not be at the footy club, but that’s how it is with us.

1 Like

The discussion on the Board only came up because someone questioned Wellman’s suitability because of his relationship with some players who might have supported him. To the best of my knowledge two players retweeted his tweets . Not much to stake a claim of conflict of interest on. The Board is not full time and any claims of Wellman’s conflict of interest could be matched by just about anyone on the Board in relation to their business interests. There is no indication that the Board has run into such problems. There are corporation laws governing such issues.
Avoid being sidetracked by those with their own agendas.

4 Likes

Consider me astounded then. First time I’ve come across that particular scenario. Are you part of a NFP per chance?

Nah, GBE, that, like our footy club, has had some governance issues in the past.

Welcome development that certain governance functions would no longer be attributed to the coaching staff in the event of any governance failings

Two things to do before 5.30pm tomorrow night. Cast your vote in the EFC Board election and join up or renew your membership. Your vote and your membership are both contributions towards the future of our club. 8 candidates offering a variety of talents and focus deserve your consideration. I am one of them and my focus is recognising and rewarding our amazingly loyal members and winning another Premiership. It is all about the footy and the direction of the club in 2018 and beyond for me. Success has been measured in effort for a while but now success will be winning on and off the field. Go Bombers!

4 Likes

Well, it all comes to an end today. Good luck to all the candidates. The last 3 years has been eye opening and incredibly rewarding.The positivity, culture and success of our club is a testament to the hard work that has gone in behind the scenes by all involved, from the board down. I hope we see another 3 years of stability and unity for our club - and a premiership or two.

Voting closes at 5:30pm AEDT tonight. If you haven’t already, you can vote here: https://www.investorvote.com.au/Login?cn=8388&demo=N

See you all on the other side. Ah, who am I kidding. See you in another thread soon.

18 Likes

Why do the last few days of posts remind me of The Club?
(ie: a film about how a completely dysfunctional football club is run).
■■■■. Me.

2 Likes

Tune in next week for 'Astounding Tales from the Essendon Board!"

:roll_eyes:

General guidelines for BomberBlitz

The following will not be tolerated:

• Over the top language, abuse and threats, whether it be about other Blitzers, players, coaches, the media or any other people

• ’Broken record’ type posting. This includes posting the same thing a number of times, or re-starting threads that have previously been deleted

Breaching these guidelines may result in warnings/suspensions/permanent bans, depending on the severity of the breach and any previous history of issues

2 Likes

I love you.
Just…so much.

4 Likes