2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Ditto.

I thank you.
Although I’m pretty sure you’re not being entirely sincere.
That’s okay. That’s all part of your ‘charm.’

When will the results be announced?

AGM next Monday will be the announcement.

And now we wait…

1 Like

wow, really?

I like when people explain the jokes.

I tried doing stand up comedy but my jokes were lame.

7 Likes

That and your political views. Some people just find that left leaning a bit alienating.

Wouldn’t have pegged you for a comedian.

1 Like

Let me guess, your stage name was ‘Eileen’. :grinning:

3 Likes

I do a bit of slapstick.

1 Like

All pirated, I assume?

1 Like

He can stump up and perform when he has to.

Sometimes his humour is a bit limp though.

He?? I lost a leg, not a chromosome.

7 Likes

Open letter from Essendon Football Club Chairman Lindsay Tanner on the club’s board election results.

Dear Members,

I write to you today to inform you of the 2017 Essendon Football Club Board election results.

Upon closure of the voting period, the electronic and postal votes were tallied by Computershare under the supervision of the Club’s Returning Officer.

I am pleased to announce Sean Wellman and Katie Lio are the successful candidates elected to the Board, being the two candidates to receive the highest votes.

Sean will bring significant football and financial experience to the board. Sean achieved the ultimate success as a player and was an assistant coach with the Club, and he will provide valuable contemporary football knowledge to the Board. More recently he has run a successful finance and hospitality business.

Katie is extremely passionate about exploring new commercial opportunities, driving clear pathways for aspiring female footballers, and our Next Generation Academies. We look forward to Katie returning for a second term, and utilising her expertise to continue the important work across these key strategic areas.

On behalf of everyone at the Club, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing director, Paul Cousins, for his valued contribution and dedicated service to the Essendon family over his 3 year term.

Paul played a crucial role in steering the Club through its most difficult period, and established strong foundations for us to work towards achieving our shared vision of being the most inclusive, successful and respected sporting organisation in the country.

I would also like to thank the remaining candidates who nominated for the Board and their continuing passion for the Club, and shared desire to see our Club thrive on and off the field.

Finally, I look forward to formally announcing the results of the director’s election and introducing the entire 2018 Board at our 144th Annual General Meeting to be held at the Moonee Valley Racecourse on Monday the 18th December, starting at 7pm.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Go Bombers!

2 Likes

Bad luck, Paul.
All the best for the future.
Thanks for making yourself available around here.
It was always appreciated.

25 Likes

And of course, congratulations to Katie, again.

9 Likes

How do you tally or supervise a computer vote?

At the end of time it switches off and gives you the result.

Congratulations to Katie and Sean.

Thanks @Paul_Cousins for putting your passion in the club and taking us many steps forward. You’re welcome to hang around here if you like.

Thanks as well to all candidates for ensuring we keep pressure on the board for spots!

Congrats @Catherine_Lio for being re-elected!

Go bombers.

21 Likes

Congrats to Katie. Commiserations to Paul.

And welcome to Sean - who will no doubt keep us on our toe.

14 Likes