2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Fxd

4 Likes

Hear, Hear.

Could always tell Paul’s heart WAS in it, just like Catherine Lio’s, disappointed for Paul Cousins.

Good luck to Sean Wellman now as we head into our next chapter.

10 Likes

Yep - I met Paul on a few occasions and he’s a lovely bloke and an Essendon feller through and through. It must be VERY tough to go head to head with a former great (well, greatish) in Sean Wellman but I reckon Paul will take this with good grace. He put his hand up when his club needed him and helped steer us through an incredibly difficult time, so well done him.

Oh, and well done Catie Lio.

12 Likes

Well done Katie!
Bad luck to Paul, although going up against Wellman was going to be a tough ask. Thanks for all the good work.

At least you don’t have to wait until next week.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Katie and Sean…
Bad luck Paul - thanks for the last 3 years in helping to turn the club around.

5 Likes

LOL Gauci

6 Likes

I think last election Katie only beat the Gooch by about 10(?) votes and Paul was a fair way ahead of both of them. I always got the feeling Katie’s & Paul’s values were very similar/compatible so we are fortunate one of them got back in. I would have been worried if they both missed. Well done Katie and thanks for your efforts over the past 3 years Paul.

8 Likes

I’m not surprised that Wellman got onto the board.
I felt the voting would have split between Wellman, Katie and Paul.

Best of luck to the appointees and I’m confident that the board will continue on from the baseline set over the last three or four years.

1 Like

I feel for @Paul_Cousins, it was always going to be difficult with an ex-premiership player in the race.

Sometimes when I have a few beers in the bath while watching the replay of the '93 grand final I get to thinking about what a footy club really is and I normally settle on the answer being found in some sort of delicate balance of the players, the fans, the staff, the board, and a collection of memories & experiences both shared and individual.

I think that delicate balance was in danger of tilting the wrong way until Paul and Katie were elected and I thank them both for the work they’ve done in restoring that balance.

14 Likes

Do we get to see the actual vote tally?

On the day of the AGM.

1 Like

Congrats to Katie & Sean. As others have said, thanks Paul for your hard work, dedication & accessibilty to Blitz! Good luck for the future!

3 Likes

Paul was always visible at games both AFL and VFL and thus was accessible to ordinary members, to an extent that other directors were not. So its a shame he has missed out, but I would like to thank him for his service on the board of the club. Its been a positive transition over those 3 years from a low point.Thanks mate.

11 Likes

First of all, thanks to all of the nominees who came here to answer questions and put their case forward. The internet can be cruel, but those threads were very informative.

Sad to see you go @Paul_Cousins, you should be proud of your time on the board.

Congrats @Catherine_Lio, keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone who ran. Congratulations to Katie and Sean. Commiserations to Paul. Hopefully we still get the recent good performance continuing - I know I voted for stability but understand Sean getting in.

3 Likes

Thanks all, appreciate the kind responses. I tweeted something earlier that probably sums up my feelings so I’ll put it under here as I’m done thinking for a few hours ha ha. Appreciate all the support I received this and last time, appreciate the interaction over the journey, even in a weird way appreciate getting flamed to death on here a few years ago and the occasional slapping since, we all share the passion for the club. Go Bombers.

It’s been my great honour to represent the members as a Director of the EFC, I’ll forever be proud of what was achieved during my tenure. Sincere congrats to Katie & Sean, the club is in terrific hands. Thanks to all who supported me, time to head back to the outer with my family.

70 Likes

And why is it so funny ! ■■■■■■■■

Congratulations to @Catherine_Lio on your return to the board and to @Paul_Cousins for your efforts over the last few years. You’ve given us tragics a voice and an ear at the highest levels of the club that we all love and for that we will forever be indebted to you.

Paul, good luck with all your future endeavors and thanks for doing your part in helping this great club through its darkest hour

11 Likes

Board seats are never permanent. A democratic process keeps the board positions rotating, which is a positive. It’s unfortunate for Paul Cousins, Hopefully he keeps nominating for the board and is back soon.

3 Likes

wohoo back to the essendon boys club.

1 Like