2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

I’ve been a rather grumpy bum of late haven’t I?

2 Likes

did anyone else find this just downright pathetic ?

the coteries should be no where near being able to make decisions on this club. Alas we all know money talks, so no doubt they’ll get in there somehow.

1 Like

Nah ■■■■ it, screw elite coteries.

Do you accept vegetables of the hot, salted, fried variety as payment?

1 Like

As I understand it, some coterie people have served on the Board in the past. Coterie membership is not necessarily bad.
And some Board members have never been elected, but nominated by the Board to serve for lengthy periods. That is far worse.

6 Likes

I’d be good on the board. Deadset

4 Likes

Has the ability to communicate with the common man. Tick.

Is passionate about the club. Tick.

Is willing to ride a posty bike half way round Australia for a good cause. Tick.

Can drink a slab of Emu Export, quickly. Tick.

2 Likes

Coteries don’t make decisions on the Club. And where Coterie Members have tried to “influenvpce” the Board, the Coterie shuts them down.

They exist for huge pi ss-ups and for Bombers supporters to get together and have fun, and spend their money, which they do in large amounts.

You don’t want to believe it but part of the EFC continuing financial success is because these blokes and blokettes, give wads of cash when needed.

Now I am too cheap, to spend the thousands of bucks to be a Member of Essendonians, Diamond Dons etc, but I applaud everything they do for the Club.

10 Likes

Don’t ever confuse me with David J Richardson again!

3 Likes

This. Any candidate who speaks with Fairfax should immediately be blacklisted.

Not sure I like using the media for a football club election campaign.

As for having a coterie member pushing for election, to me it’s like having Joffa running a spot on the Board at Collingwood saying the Cheer Squad is a coterie. And in Joffa’s private life, he seems to be a decent bloke!

The main thing is as members, we still haven’t received our voting papers and candidate information to make any sort of informed judgement.

Could be a while. I’m still waiting for my season '08 scarf.

I think candidates will be announced on the website tomorrow. Voting, I believe, is online.

I bet your Sydney one arrived.

1 Like

No scarf but the 2012 flag took my mind off my missing Essendon scarf.

Bang

everything starts, with an e.

Another candidate is revealed, they must be in a ticket together.

They’re both Essendonians… as is Sash. I’m pretty sure Gauci is in also.

Some whispers of another candidate also but will wait until COB today to confirm.

bring on the essendonian board of football club.

1 Like