2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Another one,

11 Likes

And another…

10 Likes

Who dis? :wink:

7 Likes

The coteries lost me when they released a ‘joint’ statement in regards to Knights’ sacking.

What self important wankers.

4 Likes

Can anyone run for board?

I don’t think dual citizens members are allowed. So Diggers would have to relinquish his Sydney membership before being able to run.

21 Likes

Hey, I know that guy.

2 Likes

Does EFC have a nomination committee who decides if a candidate is encouraged to apply ?

It does - I am actually on the committee (though not at the moment for obvious reasons) - though it is less about encouraging people to nominate and more about identifying skill gaps on the board and seeking out appointed director candidates.

3 Likes

I’m running next year

5 Likes

… from the police?

17 Likes

It’s a decent run all the way across the Nullarbor.

2 Likes

I think I will run. I’ve got 60 years following this club plus I’m not a f##ken dual citizen with my family from convict stock and early settlers. I have also served my country so I’m a perfect candidate.

6 Likes

Well, that’s me sold.

1 Like

Some people wash dishes for it, so maybe.

2 Likes

Now there’s something interesting!
Wouldn’t it be refreshingly nice if members were made aware of the actual skill-gaps you mentioned, so that they have a better understanding of what a candidate would bring to the board?
Makes too much sense, right?

I’m not sure why it is not known, but you can definitely look at the board desired skills matrix and match to the sitting members if that helps.

For instance, I sit within the digital/media sphere, diversity and culture as well as Essendon Community.

Wow - there’s really such a thing?
Can you point me to it, by any chance?

One… sec…

Should point out on that one it’s always available publicly online via the website, and has been since before we were elected (though previous versions of course).