2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

People saying Freo twice is a gift have been sucked in by Rossy's supreme tanking effort this year. They'll hit back hard 2017 imo.

Yep they have too good a squad not to

Josh Green clash rd.2

Essendon $2.65 to make the 8.
Get on.

Of our double ups we should be looking at 7 to 8 wins, That can really set us up.

8 x Saturday Night 4 x Sunday 1:10 2 x Friday Night 2 x Saturday 2:10 1 x Saturday 1:45 1 x Saturday Twilight 1 x Sunday 3:20 1 x Sunday Twilight 1 x Tuesday 3:20 (ANZAC day) 1 TBC

TBC would want to make sure heā€™s playing in a game scheduled at his house!

Richmond only once for the first time in 7 yrs

Good, donā€™t want to have to sit in the same space as those mongoloids for any longer than necessary.

Best draw we've had in fkn years

Very good draw. No excuses now. Must win a final next season

Best draw weā€™ve had in a very long time. I love it

8 x Saturday Night 4 x Sunday 1:10 2 x Friday Night 2 x Saturday 2:10 1 x Saturday 1:45 1 x Saturday Twilight 1 x Sunday 3:20 1 x Sunday Twilight 1 x Tuesday 3:20 (ANZAC day) 1 TBC

TBC would want to make sure heā€™s playing in a game scheduled at his house!

TBCā€™s next senior appearance is still TBC, heā€™d be hoping before round 23.

Playing Sydney in Sydney.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Great opportunity for a weekend away though!

I think itā€™s a good mix of time slots too. Iā€™m not overly fussed by Friday nights, prefer Saturday nights, and we donā€™t have too many bullshit Sunday ones.

Hotel booked for Round One! Get in early if you need to as itā€™s also GP weekend in Melbourne. Counting down the days!

As much as it will probably be quite favourable to us on the whole, the first third of the year could be a tough start given that we now know of Hawthorn and Adelaide in the first seven rounds, and you can probably be sure Geelong will be in there somewhere too with the country game. The first third of the year so far appears to be something like; R1 - Hawthorn R2 - ? R3 - Geelong? R4 - Carlton? R5 - Collingwood R6 - ? R7 - Adelaide

Brisbane at the gabba round 2

Happy with this as I probably wonā€™t make it down for round 1. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if more EFC than Lions fans turn up at the Gabba.

They always do.

Tough one for the broadcasters. Do they pick our game or the Q clash?

And ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !!! I have my brother in laws wedding that day!!!

If he is remarrying he is not your brother in law any more, if he is not married to your sister yet he is still not your brother in law. If you mean your brother in lawā€™s brother then that that is definitely one you can pass on

Of course, I ignored the possibility you were talking about your wifeā€™s brother. Sheā€™ll understand :slight_smile:

Sheā€™ll understand? And here I was thinking that you are married.

She already threatened to divorce because she thinks that I am thinking about making a joke about going to the footy instead.

Iā€™m like seriously devastated. I know it sounds stupid because Iā€™m lid on but I was so looking forward to doing the March and get back to the footy after boycotting 12 months.

Sometimes we all have to make a sacrifice, I myself had to miss the game against Brisbane this year because my gran was turning 95.

On second thoughts that probably doesnā€™t make you feel better.

Are they essendon fans. Maybe you could convince them to do the photos as part of the throng in walk to the G 2.0

And yes I am married, I had to miss the 2011 grand final because her best mate was getting married, yeah that is another bad example isnā€™t it.

Oh I thought of one.

2012 game against Sydney, it was her birthday, she was heavily pregnant, we were 7 goals down at three quarter time and she made me leave early because her back was hurting. She learnt a valuable life lesson that night.

Straight to the hospital?

Lol, no. We still had about a month and bit up or sleeve

I likes a month and a bit up or sleeve!

Pretty good draw in terms of trying to win games.
Going to perth once
Going to adelaide once
The two tough travel games are the two trips to Sydney (GWS / Sydney)

Out of all the teams we play twice Adelaide is probably the only team that will be any good.

Just got this in an email from the club:

Dear nick_93,

An important piece of the puzzle for the upcoming season is finally in place, the 2017 fixture.
Iā€™m sure many of you are already marking down the games in your calendar, especially the blockbusters; Round One, ANZAC Day, Dreamtime at the ā€˜G and Country Game. Itā€™s an exciting time of the year.

We are doing the same within the football department, albeit with the addition of a few extra details. Over the coming days we will finetune our weekly training and match day schedules for the upcoming campaign. In order to maximise team performance, we must make every minute of the pre-season count.

We will have a solid six week training block either side of the festive break to ensure our players are match fit and ready for the rigours of playing at the elite level. The NAB Challenge games will then allow us to fine tune the team ahead of the opening round of the season on March 25.

I canā€™t wait for Round One, and I know the coaching group is focused on preparing the team for that huge opening clash against Hawthorn at the MCG. Make sure youā€™re free that night, this game will be a great test for our players and great opportunity for the Essendon family to come together and watch a great game of footy.

Iā€™m not big on dissecting the draw and picking out how many 6 day breaks weā€™ve been handed, how many times we travel or which teams weā€™ve been draw against twice. My message to the players is simple. Prepare to play at our best every week, and if we are good enough the wins will come and we will earn our rightful place on the premiership ladder. We look forward to playing the best teams, at their best, to truly know how good we can be. We will be ready to playanyone, anywhere, anytime.

This mantra is well and truly alive amongst our members. I was blown away by your loyalty and commitment in my first season. Each week you turned up to support the team and acknowledge their effort and I know this season will be no different.

See you all for the walk to the ā€˜G for Round One.

Go Bombers
John Worsfold

22-0 by my analysis

Wouldnt be nice if our home ground was the G.

Weā€™d prob get doubles this year against Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn. And we would be a good thing against all of them.

Fit perfectly with the AFL fixture rules.

Arenā€™t doubles freo gcs Brisbane carlton richmond the 5 teams around us

No. unless theyā€™ve changed the ā€˜rulesā€™ again, itā€™s 3 bottom 6 teams, 1 top 6 and 1 middle 6.

Itā€™s minimum of 2, maximum of 3 games vs fellow bottom 6 teams.

Step 1 draw up all 16 teams names on pieces of paper.
Step 2 as always Bombers have fixed positions in the fixtures. Anzac day, always Carlfog before or after, richmong at the g ( yada yada).
Step 3 chuck the other flipping teams names in the flipping air and see which 1ā€™s they flipping catch.
Step 4 write down which 1ā€™s we didnā€™t catch for Bombers to play.
Step 5 rewrite the Bombers fixture to rigg.
Fixed.

I h8 tbc

Looks pretty good to me. Decent balance of days/times. Hate ANZAC day falling on a Tues/Wed. Players might need something to aid recovery....

Supplemā€¦

Bar 21 massā€¦