2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

Two cracks at the scum and filth.

Freo and Adelaide in Melbourne.

12 games on Saturday and 2 on Friday night.

Only 6 on Sunday and 4 of those are 1.10.

Hands down the softest draw we’ve had in donkey’s years.

Good times!

Two cracks at the scum and filth.

Freo and Adelaide in Melbourne.

12 games on Saturday and 2 on Friday night.

Only 6 on Sunday and 4 of those are 1.10.

Hands down the softest draw we’ve had in donkey’s years.

Good times!

Thank you Mr. Dank!

“I can’t see how we’re going to lose a game”

Great draw purely from a pan perspective. Only two in the godawful Sunday evening timeslots (3:20 might as well be twilight).

Great to have to a crack at the West Oz teams in Melbourne for a change.

Just got this in an email from the club:
Dear nick_93,

An important piece of the puzzle for the upcoming season is finally in place, the 2017 fixture.
I’m sure many of you are already marking down the games in your calendar, especially the blockbusters; Round One, ANZAC Day, Dreamtime at the ‘G and Country Game. It’s an exciting time of the year.

We are doing the same within the football department, albeit with the addition of a few extra details. Over the coming days we will finetune our weekly training and match day schedules for the upcoming campaign. In order to maximise team performance, we must make every minute of the pre-season count.

We will have a solid six week training block either side of the festive break to ensure our players are match fit and ready for the rigours of playing at the elite level. The NAB Challenge games will then allow us to fine tune the team ahead of the opening round of the season on March 25.

I can’t wait for Round One, and I know the coaching group is focused on preparing the team for that huge opening clash against Hawthorn at the MCG. Make sure you’re free that night, this game will be a great test for our players and great opportunity for the Essendon family to come together and watch a great game of footy.

I’m not big on dissecting the draw and picking out how many 6 day breaks we’ve been handed, how many times we travel or which teams we’ve been draw against twice. My message to the players is simple. Prepare to play at our best every week, and if we are good enough the wins will come and we will earn our rightful place on the premiership ladder. We look forward to playing the best teams, at their best, to truly know how good we can be. We will be ready to playanyone, anywhere, anytime.

This mantra is well and truly alive amongst our members. I was blown away by your loyalty and commitment in my first season. Each week you turned up to support the team and acknowledge their effort and I know this season will be no different.

See you all for the walk to the ‘G for Round One.

Go Bombers
John Worsfold

So I’m walking from the Sunshine coast to the Gabba…oh wait that’s round 2.

Wow, that’s a great fixture. You’ve got to really nitpick to find anything to be unhappy about.

• Playing Geelong in round 8 coming off a 6 day break from WA playing Freo will be a very difficult game.
  • I’m not sure how teams are recovering from multiple games at Etihad in recent years, but we’ve got 5 games in 7 weeks there at the back end of the season.
  • We play Carlton at 3:20 on a Sunday.

Yep, that’s an amazingly good draw. May be the best we’ll ever see.

Never forgetting the role the AFL played in the saga ", but they’ve done everything in their power to make sure Essendon get back on their feet (from both a playing and marketing/financial position) to become a legitimate power again and this fixture is testament to that.

5 day break after Anzac Day before we face Melbourne at Etihad

Melbourne plays anzac eve as a fixture now so it’s actually a good result

Plus we could beat Melbourne at Etihad off a 1 day break, closest thing to a sure win in football

Very, very happy with that draw. Don’t like to wish my life away but come on 2017!

22-0 by my analysis
Never forgetting the role the AFL played in the saga ", but they've done everything in their power to make sure Essendon get back on their feet (from both a playing and marketing/financial position) to become a legitimate power again and this fixture is testament to that.

Yeah, good on them, looking at that draw anyone would have thought that we finished last.

22-0 by my analysis

Can’t see us losing a game :wink: Oops too late

2 Qld games great for us fans up here. Would have preferred day games, but I guess my 5 year old won’t mind a late night or 2.

That’s a killer draw. Pumped!

Hand us the minor premiership now

So the Country game is actually our home game again…I thought this time it had to be away?

Great draw purely from a pan perspective. Only two in the godawful Sunday evening timeslots (3:20 might as well be twilight).

Great to have to a crack at the West Oz teams in Melbourne for a change.

Essendon in the 8 - won’t that stir the pot

We play bottom sides 10 times. If we can get 8 of those and 5-6 of the top teams, we are in a decent position. All depends on how quickly clubs like GC bounce back vs us.

I would’ve loved to have copped North Melbourne twice (as the team in the 7th-12th category) as I’m almost certain they will be a bottom 4 team next year.

Freo and Adelaide could be both top 4-6 teams next year