2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

Members free vs Collingwood @ Etihad, It usually is yeah?

Members free vs Collingwood @ Etihad, It usually is yeah?

Club just tweeted all games will be free for members

The JTL Community Series (whatever the fark that means) to be launched today.

Sure it’s not JLT?
They are a sports insurance mob.
I only know that because before each game of cricket and footy at my local clubs we have to do a check of the grounds and facilities and tick off on it before we can commence play

Yep you’re right. I made a typo.

Don't think it will happen but if Roughead gets up for round 1 it's going to be a highly charged meeting between 2 teams who hate each others guts! Essendon have the returning 10 + Hawthorn Roughead. They'll be out to make a statement of their own after this years "failure". Compelling viewing #understatement
Hope someone irons out Roughead at the first bounce. Diving flog
Really? He's one of the few blokes on their list that I can tolerate.
I generally agree, but there have been a few incidents where he was a blatant staging cheat.
Don't think it will happen but if Roughead gets up for round 1 it's going to be a highly charged meeting between 2 teams who hate each others guts! Essendon have the returning 10 + Hawthorn Roughead. They'll be out to make a statement of their own after this years "failure". Compelling viewing #understatement
I generally agree, but there have been a few incidents where he was a blatant staging cheat.

Like against Melksham’s elbow.

2017 Pre Season

MATCH 3
Sunday, 12 March
Geelong Cats Vs Essendon
Queen Elizabeth Oval (Bendigo)
16:10 EDT

This has the potential to be a sweltering match on a rock hard surface.

Didn’t we get a lot of injuries from that oval in the Bendigo Bombers days?

Hope they put the sprinklers on the night before.

It will be good to get the station wagon back to QEO.

Like against Melksham’s elbow.

Yeah I didn’t like him too much that night.

Havent been back to QEO since we smashed the dogs in a preseason game there 13 years ago, might have to head there for the Geelong game.

They’re going to sell 5000 tickets for Arden Street? Assuming it happens and they turn up, I’m not going to mourn the deaths. I might even go down there and yell “fire” to start the crush.

P.S. They have more solar panels on their roof than we do (presumably paid for by the City of Melbourne). Cough up, True Value!

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmgpM3Ifm3eb-fo65i7A

Link to my AFL Ladder spreadsheet.
If you’re going to use it, please download to your own PC.
Please do not save your version to my OneDrive.

Contains:
Score Entry page
Ladder
Team Lists

Currently it opens to the Score Entry page.
Round 1 is filled in to ensure the ladder works. (It does)
Scores currently entered are the last time the teams met.

So I made this snip from the PDF so I can just have it on my Desktop, and be just a simple double click away from any question on our 2017 Games, inluding TV times & station, & I thought others might find it handy too.

If you want it, just left click and drag the image onto yours (desktop), and Bobs your uncle.

http://s24.postimg.org/dkn6ztnxx/Ess_draw_17.jpg

Not really sure where to put this…

Clubs playing home games at Etihad Stadium this season will be rewarded with attendance bonuses in a new supporter incentive system introduced by the AFL.

In a move applauded by the clubs as a good will gesture, Essendon, St Kilda, the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Carlton stand to reap in total six-figure bonuses this season for their efforts in lifting attendances at specified games.

The Bombers, who are expected to remain the stadium’s anchor tenant under a new deal, have been offered the special incentive for their first Etihad home game against Melbourne next month.

The Bombers will also be rewarded should they reach new attendance triggers against Brisbane and Adelaide later this season. The AFL has told the clubs they will set two triggers at most games. For example the Bombers will be rewarded against Melbourne should they attract 40,000 fans to the game with a further bonus should the crowd figure reach, for example, 45,000.

Urgh, I clicked on a CW article. Here it is, to save you from having to do it:

Clubs playing home games at Etihad Stadium this season will be rewarded with attendance bonuses in a new supporter incentive system introduced by the AFL.

St Kilda, which attracted more than 36,000 to its first home game against Melbourne last week, is understood to have been the first winner of the new crowd bonus in a deal which could be worth as much as an annual extra $200,000 to some tenant clubs.

Although the AFL had indicated clubs were unlikely to receive any financial benefit in their first season under the new ownership agreement, the tenant clubs learned in recent days that they would win bonuses for reaching certain crowd triggers.

In a move applauded by the clubs as a good will gesture, Essendon, St Kilda, the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Carlton stand to reap in total six-figure bonuses this season for their efforts in lifting attendances at specified games.

On field, the Saints had nothing to smile about, but they were winners in terms of a bonus, when more than 36,000 came to their first home game against Melbourne last week.

The Bombers, who are expected to remain the stadium’s anchor tenant under a new deal, have been offered the special incentive for their first Etihad home game against Melbourne next month.

The Bombers will also be rewarded should they reach new attendance triggers against Brisbane and Adelaide later this season. The AFL has told the clubs they will set two triggers at most games. For example the Bombers will be rewarded against Melbourne should they attract 40,000 fans to the game with a further bonus should the crowd figure reach, for example, 45,000.

The league has cherry picked certain games for each club during 2017 in a pro rata system linked to each club’s number of home games at Etihad which has traditionally delivered the worst match returns in the competition.

Under the deal the bonuses will mean extra revenue in addition to the match returns and will be set referencing the home club attendance expectations, motivating clubs to work to put extra efforts into marketing and promoting specific games.

The Saints, with 11 home games at Etihad the most of all the clubs, have been told they will be given the opportunity to win bonuses at five home games while Carlton, with just five Etihad games in total, have been offered incentives for fixtures games against North Melbourne and Hawthorn.

The AFL is still finalising the unexpected new deal with several clubs looking to renegotiate the agreement put forward this week by the league’s chief financial executive Ray Gunston.

The league CFO who is overseeing the new ownership financials and who held talks on Wednesday with the Saints, North and the Bulldogs to kick off negotiations for new improved tenancy agreements, confirmed the selective crowd incentives had been put in place. Gunston said the bonuses had been offered with a view to expanding the system next season under the AFL’s prospective new deals with Etihad’s tenant clubs.

“The AFL’s investment in Etihad Stadium will deliver for the whole industry,” said Gunston, "and we want to create the best experience for our clubs and fans.

“In particular, we are very keen to make sure the tenant clubs have an improved outcome which encourages supporters and build great crowds.”

And boo-hiss about us remaining as the anchor team for Etihad too.

EDIT: Although, as long as we aren’t locked in for another 20 years, the financial gain would be good in the short term.

Doesn’t say anything about whether the club was successful in getting another home game at the MCG.

Because that’s not what the article is about?

broadly it’s about stadium deals at Etihad stadium but makes specific reference to EFC being the anchor tenant… I would’ve thought the anchor tenant looking to move one home game away from the venue they anchor would be relevant. That is of course if a decision on it had been made, which probably hasn’t.

It’s a specific article about a specific incentive offered to resident teams at Etihad. I would consider the moving of one more home game to the 'G a side note, and fine to leave out all together.

EDIT: anyway, no big issue and not worth arguing about.

Our last 3 home games against the crows at Etihad - Average crowd 32107 with diminishing numbers each time. I had to go back to 2009 to find the 3rd game and we had 39000 at that.

Our last 3 against Brisbane have actually been suprisingly good - 35214.

Triggers 35k and 40k for Adelaide and 37 and 42k for Brisbane?

Be prepared to be bombarded with marketing schemes in the lead up to those games.