2017 free agents

can see the thread title already…

would you trade the #18 pick?

Maybe we can get a package deal on Fyfe and Ross Lyon.

LOL…(Ross Lyon)

1 Like

I expect the AFL to throw money at Ross Lyon to go to the Gold Coast. Replace Eade.

2 Likes

I’ve said previously, that I’d rather we throw the money at our young players with long contracts. I’m happy to see us target players that fill needs ie. Green & Leunberger. But we need to move away from the multi-million dollar deals for free agents, and bank our kids so we’re set up to be successful for the next 10-15 years.

2 Likes

Don’t know if Ross Lyon still has it. The game has changed so much in the last couple years where so much relies on attack. Lyon was pretty much king of defensive game style but realistically I think he’s missed his window.

3 Likes

I’m using AFL logic though. Common sense need not apply!

Wow.

Wow, as in, ‘What if he walked for dollars?’
Not to us, obviously, but…they don’t have a lot of talent on their list.
To see him walk out would be…amusing.

I think it’s wow as in “they really don’t rate him, do they?”

It’s not like Carlton is flush with champions requiring big payments (Daisy Thomas excluded, of course).

Oh, I see.
Should already have him signed.

Hmmm. Not sure clubs have as much say in that as they used to.

I don’t know why players would even talk to their agents, or the club, about offers until a month before a decision has to be made.

Also add in that he was shopped around the end of last season.

Would guess he is not in a huge rush to re-sign

Unrestricted agent means you’re not in the top-paid 25% (?) of the team.

My turn to wow.

Kreuzer is a 10 year player,hence an unrestricted FA.

1 Like

He failed medicals at clubs looking at him last year so Blues pretty much hold the whip hand there.

Hird was the reason we got Goddard.
The media assassination of Hird/EFC is the reason we havent attracted anyone since.

Actually it was more like wow that guy’s played a dozen games and has been around long enough to be an UFA?

1 Like

Not quite true.

We had a very tasty fish all but over the line, and then the CAS decision happened and he re signed with his original club. Not sure if we, or anyone else, will ever get another serious crack at him, but I’d sure as ■■■■■ be giving it a go.

Replace Ross Lyon with Paul Roos and I reckon you’d be closer to the mark…