2017 Grand Final. Adelaide vs ..........Richmond (yes really)

Cotchin has Jobes Brownlow and is now a premiership captain.

Poor Jobe.

1 Like

You’ve painted quite a picture there.

1 Like

Everywhere N Balme goes, success follows.

Except when he joined the Pies from 2015-2016…

1 Like

Lucky for the rest of us he wasn’t there longer.

Richmond last won a flag when I was three years of age and obsessed with being an astronaut.

For most of my life I never thought that those incompetent ferals would win a premiership.

Training tomorrow morning, after a sleep in. I’m gonna make it to the moon.

1 Like

You are correct.

Yep I would even say we have more match winners then them although having some one like Dustin Martin in your team would help.

if anything it should be great pressure trumps great players. can have the best system in the word, but if you don’t apply pressure won’t mean much.

Adelaide had a pretty good system, and their list of high quality players isn’t that much better. but richmonds pressure trumped it all, ditto dogs last year.

Can have the best list in the comp, or one can claim our list is better or more skilled, but if you don’t work hard enough every week, means sfa.

Hence why some of us get so ■■■■■■ when this club turns up constantly half arseing the defensive efforts and coasting around thinking their skill will solely win them games.
But hey, We won anzac day tho right, woo that proves something. meanwhile the club so many around here mock and look down on just won a flag cos they, in the space of a year decided they wanted to stand for something, other than one off good performances here and there.

6 Likes

I agree we are still an inconstant side but I feel that gap is slowly closing. win a couple of games we should and would have finished top 4 this year.

???

Anyway

Some of you are absolutely out of control delusional if you think the umps won that for the tigers. Also a lot of overly tough talking here against Richmond for supporters of a team that gave up 10 goals in a qtr of a final.

We are the complete opposite of the skilful level of Adelaide and the intense team wide pressure and tenacity of the Tigers, if anybody deserves the stinging hatred in this thread it’s our very own team of lazy spoilt hacks. My eyes were openned last week when I was given a free ticket to see the Tigers play and I saw every player busting their gut to tackle and chase and stay with their men when the ball went the other way. It was being able to see it from level 4 as a whole team actually giving a ■■■■ I really began to understood the amount of lazy ■■■■■■■ overpaid non caring spuds we’ve been carrying for years.

We are miles off it

We were 3 wins from finishing top 4 if anything we underachieved this year.

The morning after & they’re still on the gas! Good on them! They’ve been through the wringer as a supporter group and thoroughly enjoying the spoils. Gotta admit, was envious of them yesterday and wishing we could do the same thing sometime soon because we as a supporter group and club have been through something that no other club has been through. We’re coming out the other side now and you can see the talent we have which is IMO, superior to Richmond but Richmond’s attitude to apply pressure, thirst for the contest and willingness to work hard is far better than us. Their consistency of effort has come in one pre season and that has to be respected and admired. What they & the dogs have proven is that it’s entirely possible in a short space of time, that should give everyone hope, especially us. Do we have the necessary resolve to adopt this mindset/attitude? Look out the rest of the competition if we do.

16 Likes

Correct

This year’s GF and last years have been won by sides that have had a simple plan: pressure, harass, get to the ball quicker than the man you’re on, get it out to a team mate quick. (Repeat for 120 minutes)

This, then, should be our main aim for recruitment this off season, and for the development of the younger guys this off season and next season. If you’re not quick and prepared to work harder defensively, and a good safe link in the chain of possession, you can find somewhere else.

Ie, a big fat no to Rockliff.
A big fat no to Lever.
A big fat no to Schache.

Saad, yes
Devon Smith, yes

Stringer, ???

5 Likes

We could do worse than try to copy winning things about Richmond.

Firstly, and most importantly, Dimma said it abut himself, he had to change his ideas and let go of some entrenched stuff and it shows in the way the team plays and is able to change the flow of play and match it with anyone and then walk over the top of them.

The Tigers would NOT allow Adelaide to play their winning game as much as they tried. Richmond sabotaged their every effort. They locked them down into playing Sydney typed locked up footy and harassed and bullied them and played Adelaide at their own game. They were faster and more furious than I remembered them being and without a doubt, the in form team of the finals.

Really happy for Dimma and the players. My old departed Dad would be smiling in is grave.
It also shows again just like the Doggies, there is hope for every team including us.

Adelaide were ■■■■■■ horrible yesterday.

1 Like

Josh Caddy, premiership player.

Watching Adelaide play the week before, I thought this is your final.

They may not have won the big one but they are winners in every respect.

We don’t have the mindset to put it together. We’re a long way from having the mental capacity to come close to playing in a grandfinal.

While people will say, ‘Richmond were in a similar position in the last 5 years’.

I disagree. Richmond have always been a confidence and momentum side. You just look at their 10 game(?) winning streak to make the finals a few years ago. When they hit momentum, they believe they can’t be beaten, no matter how sh*t they are.

We are the opposite of a momentum side. Our momentum is ‘fall over the line’ and scrape wins against bottom 4 sides. We never finish teams off with 60-100 point wins. Rarely do we win more than 2 games in a row. Our players do the bare minimum to get a win.

Edit: further proof is the fact we just do the bare minimum to ‘make the finals’. Making the finals is enough, for the players to feel good that they’ve done their job. We’ve never pushed for a home final, we’ve never pushed ourselves to make the top 4. We’ve never looked like we’ve been in good form coming into a final.

4 Likes

Adam Treloar NOT a premiership player.