2017 Grand Final. Adelaide vs ..........Richmond (yes really)

I can not believe we live in a world where that club has won a ■■■■■■■ premiership. Their list is very very average yet they won a flag because they stuck to a game plan that actually works.

FMD what a disgrace

1 Like

Richmond are a chest thumping, huff’n puff team. They’ve never had quality players other than a handful.

What they do have, is fire in the belly. They’re a bunch of hot heads in the play ground ready to play British Bulldogs. If anyone takes them down, they’ll punch them in head behind play.
They could maintain the pressure on the ball carrier for the whole finals.

We could maintain it for 15 minutes against Sydney.

Richmond make me want to vomit.

3 Likes

I agree - I also think they have an average list with lots of plodders but they won a premiership. So perhaps we’re the ones that are wrong.

Anyway they had a great fixture this year and few injuries. Can see them missing finals next year or just scraping in.

Been saying this for ages. Hence the trotted out line weak draft means fark all as declining AFL std reflects the declining draft std

Their vfl team made gf as well

37 years between premierships… Meh, they can have that one.

Will make them missing out again for another 37 years all the more sweeter.

3 Likes

Still in shock. Too scared to call my mum.

It was a really ■■■■ gf, more like a continuation of the inevitable Richmond story with the result never in doubt. Adelaide never turned up. Would’ve been a very sweet experience for the Richmond fans, but the finals as a whole were blowout after blowout, maybe one exception from memory. Pretty sad after what looked like a very close year.

Did it better than everyone else. And that’s all that matters in the end.

Two wins to scrappy battlers in a row because the comp lacks a powerhouse side at the moment. The Tiges doubled down at the trade table last year and it was the right call. A vintage Hawthorn or Geelong side slices up ‘pressure football’, just ask Ross Lyon.

Will the window for honest triers remain open in 2018? Nathan Buckley hopes so, but the GWS, Melbourne (yeah, come at me!), Sydney (they won’t go 0-6 again)and dare I say it, Essendon, lists are not far off having the required balance of skill and toughness required to seriously dominate the comp.

1 Like

I love the evenness of the competition. Gave me the sh*ts when Brisbane dominated for what seemed like an eternity. Same with Hawthorn. I like how Essendon and all other sides bar GC and Brisbane could get up next year.

Yet Geelong lost in 08 to pressure football .
Lyons game is/was all out defend , which isn’t Richmond’s, they pressure hard and rely/hope oon turnovers and then attack from there.

And others saying they are the worst list to win a grand final, well they still have to vaguely hit targets , so they unearthed some new better skilled players than they had, you can’t run at 40% disposal efficiency playing the way they do and win. So they were doing more things right than not

They smashed Geelong, yes and Adelaide , all top 4 sides, you don’t luck onto that you’ve gotta do more things right than not.
As bbb alludes to above , Ross Lyon coached ■■■■ sides got found out on the big dance.

As much as I despise Richmond as much as anyone else, they are a good side and they played the season very well , wasn’t their worst loss like 3 goals or less this year ?

■■■■ sides don’t produce that.

Adelaide’s game is built on scoring from turnovers, often from the oppositions fwd line. Tigers closed the exits, bigtime.

Wave after wave of tigers stopped them.

Great tactics… lots of Kudos to Blake Caracella.

They lost by 80 odd to Adelaide and 100 odd to the Saints. It was a weird year.

If I have a point, it would be that the Dogs /Richmond wins were a product of excellent timing more than a system of play that we should be imitating

1 Like

Grant Thomas is right again. Phenomenal coaching effort from where they were last year, but other than the 4 stars, they are a bog average side who bradbury’d a flag at the right time.

Good on em though.

3 Likes

We keep telling ourselves we’ll win a final one day after more than a decade. Meanwhile, Richmond go form 13th to a premiership in one year. Farrrkkkkk

3 Likes

Anyone else still can’t believe tigers won a flag?
What the ■■■■

WHEN WILL IT BE OUR TURN

1 Like

Makes me laugh when people say cut players like Howlett and co as they’d never make the best 22 of a premiership team. I think we should cut them too, but let’s not pretend average footballers don’t play in premiership teams.

1 Like