2017 membership

52979 as of today.

Are we still well ahead of the record for this time of year?

52979 as of today.

Yes, we are +6,350 vs same time last year. The gap closed about 2,000 during Jan / early Feb as the post CAS rush occurred. But we are opening the gap again by around 40-50 a day… Just need sales to continue on the back of sense of optimism and a string membership sales drive later this month and we will be poised for a great result!
52979 as of today.

Yes, we are +6,350 vs same time last year. The gap closed about 2,000 during Jan / early Feb as the post CAS rush occurred. But we are opening the gap again by around 40-50 a day… Just need sales to continue on the back of sense of optimism and a string membership sales drive later this month and we will be poised for a great result!

Should have 60k signed up by round 1.

52979 as of today.

And 65k by Rd 2 after we flog the Dawks.

Thought it was interesting that on the Intraclub feed that the X man said he wanted to average 50k to games this year.
Good luck doing that while still at Etihad.

Thought it was interesting that on the Intraclub feed that the X man said he wanted to average 50k to games this year. Good luck doing that while still at Etihad.

We’ve done it before, so why not?
What’s your rationale?

Thought it was interesting that on the Intraclub feed that the X man said he wanted to average 50k to games this year. Good luck doing that while still at Etihad.

What’s your rationale?

From memory they were discussing the awesome take up of Membership for the year, but the club is hoping to covert membership numbers into actual attendance (to make money).

It’s a great goal to have since we havent averaged 50k since 2009, I just think it will be a hard ask.
Pay TV accessibility/Cost to go/Capacity of Etihad all factors

■■■■■■ hope we go nuts and start winning straight out of the gate and really smash attendances though.

I reckon round 1 will be ridiculously full. Can’t wait to get tickets.

Not sure what to do AFl membership with club support which I have had for 6 years or Essendon Membership 6 game package.$440 for the AFl membership its alot of coin and living in the bush 300k's from Melbourne I can't see the value in the AFL membership anymore.

Silver or gold?

What’s your rationale?

Pre GWS and GCS where the crowd figures are significantly less even compared to North Melbourne games

What’s your rationale?

Pre GWS and GCS where the crowd figures are significantly less even compared to North Melbourne games

Fair enough. But the whole ■■■■■■■■ last few years have skewed the numbers for us. Personally, I’d love to have the MCG as home, but I don’t think it would make any difference to our average crowds, in and of itself.

What’s your rationale?

From memory they were discussing the awesome take up of Membership for the year, but the club is hoping to covert membership numbers into actual attendance (to make money).

It’s a great goal to have since we havent averaged 50k since 2009, I just think it will be a hard ask.
Pay TV accessibility/Cost to go/Capacity of Etihad all factors

■■■■■■ hope we go nuts and start winning straight out of the gate and really smash attendances though.

I reckon round 1 will be ridiculously full. Can’t wait to get tickets.

We should get off to a pretty handy start.
Round 1 - 90k vs Hawks
Round 2 - 30k vs Lions (hopefully they knock off the Suns in round 1 and give their fans false hope. We also have good support in QLD)
Round 3 - 75k vs Carlton
Round 4 - 50k vs Adelaide
Round 5 - 95k vs Collingwood

Should be averaging 68k at that point. Build great momentum for the rest of the season.

52979 as of today.

And 65k by Rd 2 after we flog the Dawks.

And then straight back down to 60k after we revoke those 5K members for being fair weather supporters.

Just joined the international membership, living in the UK, does anyone know when the club will release the codes to ‘Watch Afl Live’?

I had a text from the membership dept saying ‘The AFL is working hard to secure broadcasting rights and as soon as this is confirmed then we will be able to send out your codes. We anticipate that this should be in advance of the JLT series’

Just joined the international membership, living in the UK, does anyone know when the club will release the codes to 'Watch Afl Live'?

I had a text from the membership dept saying ‘The AFL is working hard to secure broadcasting rights and as soon as this is confirmed then we will be able to send out your codes. We anticipate that this should be in advance of the JLT series’

I am waiting for the same thing, mate.
They told me they’d be sent ahead of round one but it was a few weeks ago so I reckon your timetable might be more accurate.

Last year we received them just in time before the regular season.

I think this is pretty symbolic of how amateurish the AFL is regarding these matters… I mean, who does sell tv subscriptions before negotiating broadcasting rights?

I am waiting for the same thing, mate.
They told me they’d be sent ahead of round one but it was a few weeks ago so I reckon your timetable might be more accurate.

Last year we received them just in time before the regular season.

I think this is pretty symbolic of how amateurish the AFL is regarding these matters… I mean, who does sell tv subscriptions before negotiating broadcasting rights?

Might be worth chasing this situation up with membership during this coming week, it looks as though all us internationals are rowing the same boat!!! Go bombers

I am the same way. They said they were currently being sent out as of last night, but I am still yet to get mine.

I have also heard that some of the links they send out don’t work and have to email for help.

Here’s hoping mine arrives in my email pretty soon with no issues!

I am the same way. They said they were currently being sent out as of last night, but I am still yet to get mine.

I have also heard that some of the links they send out don’t work and have to email for help.

Here’s hoping mine arrives in my email pretty soon with no issues!

Well, it all depends where you’re all located, really, dun it?
For example - are there very steep mountains to traverse? Are there deep and/or rapid waterways, which may impede the journey? Are there plentiful well-stocked way stations along the way, or must the couriers fend for themselves off the land? Are the natives friendly? Must the travelling party be under guard?

You guys expect too much. Getting your ‘codes’ within a few weeks - pfffttttt!

Numbers are looking good but at tbe end of the day its all about the dollars. If we have lost a lot of high value members and have only replaced them with 3 game members its not going to yield the revenue the club needs.

I hope we are setting records in money in and the public numbers figure will take care of itself.

Numbers are looking good but at tbe end of the day its all about the dollars. If we have lost a lot of high value members and have only replaced them with 3 game members its not going to yield the revenue the club needs.

I hope we are setting records in money in and the public numbers figure will take care of itself.

Do you honestly think we’ve lost a lot of high value members? This year? pls. Everyone I know is upping their level or maintaining it.

And I do wish people would stop passively sniping the lower level memberships. It isn’t all about the dollars. It’s about being a club people are proud to put some of their hard earned towards in order to be called a member. The lower membership levels are the gateway drug.

Do you honestly think we’ve lost a lot of high value members? This year? pls. Everyone I know is upping their level or maintaining it.

And I do wish people would stop passively sniping the lower level memberships. It isn’t all about the dollars. It’s about being a club people are proud to put some of their hard earned towards in order to be called a member. The lower membership levels are the gateway drug.

If you are trying to pay down large debt levels, and have the finances to compete at the top end of the competition, it is pretty much all about the dollars. Big membership numbers are great for marketing purposes, and to give supporters the warm and fuzzies, but it’s the dollars that pay the bills.

And that is not ‘passively sniping lower level memberships’ (of which I have had a few when finances dictated that was all I could afford), it’s just fact.