2017 membership

Numbers are looking good but at tbe end of the day its all about the dollars. If we have lost a lot of high value members and have only replaced them with 3 game members its not going to yield the revenue the club needs.

I hope we are setting records in money in and the public numbers figure will take care of itself.

Do you honestly think we’ve lost a lot of high value members? This year? pls. Everyone I know is upping their level or maintaining it.

And I do wish people would stop passively sniping the lower level memberships. It isn’t all about the dollars. It’s about being a club people are proud to put some of their hard earned towards in order to be called a member. The lower membership levels are the gateway drug.

If you are trying to pay down large debt levels, and have the finances to compete at the top end of the competition, it is pretty much all about the dollars. Big membership numbers are great for marketing purposes, and to give supporters the warm and fuzzies, but it’s the dollars that pay the bills.

And that is not ‘passively sniping lower level memberships’ (of which I have had a few when finances dictated that was all I could afford), it’s just fact.

Yep, we’ve disagreed on this topic a number of times.

It isn’t that I am opposed to your view, and I understand that money pays the bills. You will never see me arc up against your viewpoint unless it in some way undersells the lower level memberships. Bombadear has taken what can only be considered good news and thrown out the reduced level of membership warning. I understand why this has affected the club in the past 3 years but that time is over.

I consider it more important to convert supporters into members and think the natural progression is that the value from that will come.

To turn Bombadears statement on its head, I hope we are setting records for public numbers, and the $s will take care of itself.

I think the most important step is the conversion from supporter to member. I was a supporter for many years before I bought a membership, living in Tassie there simply wasn’t any value in it.

I became a member (digital) for the first time ever at the end of 2010. The next year I upgraded to a Flexi… and have continued to upgrade each year until I can’t anymore.

The Club has over 1 million supporters Australia wide. Imagine if just 10% of them bought a membership?

I think the most important step is the conversion from supporter to member. I was a supporter for many years before I bought a membership, living in Tassie there simply wasn't any value in it.

I became a member (digital) for the first time ever at the end of 2010. The next year I upgraded to a Flexi… and have continued to upgrade each year until I can’t anymore.

The Club has over 1 million supporters Australia wide. Imagine if just 10% of them bought a membership?

bought my sister a 6 game membership this Christmas. She lives in Melbourne and has a soft spot for Collingwood. Hasn’t spoken about anything but EFC since. Dad was ropable. I told him that you have to choose your own religion but in real footy families you get told who to support.

I think “buy your mate a membership” is the best way to engage those 1 million supporters. Get the hooks into them and watch the love grow.

I think the most important step is the conversion from supporter to member. I was a supporter for many years before I bought a membership, living in Tassie there simply wasn't any value in it.

bought my sister a 6 game membership this Christmas. She lives in Melbourne and has a soft spot for Collingwood. Hasn’t spoken about anything but EFC since. Dad was ropable. I told him that you have to choose your own religion but in real footy families you get told who to support.

I think “buy your mate a membership” is the best way to engage those 1 million supporters. Get the hooks into them and watch the love grow.

Lol, well done. I bought a flexi for the ex wife last year, and this year she has renewed herself. And her good friend, who was a fan but not a member, has bought one as well so they can go to the footy together.

Just joined the international membership, living in the UK, does anyone know when the club will release the codes to 'Watch Afl Live'?

I had a text from the membership dept saying ‘The AFL is working hard to secure broadcasting rights and as soon as this is confirmed then we will be able to send out your codes. We anticipate that this should be in advance of the JLT series’

I am waiting for the same thing, mate.
They told me they’d be sent ahead of round one but it was a few weeks ago so I reckon your timetable might be more accurate.

Last year we received them just in time before the regular season.

I think this is pretty symbolic of how amateurish the AFL is regarding these matters… I mean, who does sell tv subscriptions before negotiating broadcasting rights?

Only the AFL I know of.
I am the same way. They said they were currently being sent out as of last night, but I am still yet to get mine.

I have also heard that some of the links they send out don’t work and have to email for help.

Here’s hoping mine arrives in my email pretty soon with no issues!

Well, it all depends where you’re all located, really, dun it?
For example - are there very steep mountains to traverse? Are there deep and/or rapid waterways, which may impede the journey? Are there plentiful well-stocked way stations along the way, or must the couriers fend for themselves off the land? Are the natives friendly? Must the travelling party be under guard?

You guys expect too much. Getting your ‘codes’ within a few weeks - pfffttttt!

Love the comments Deckham…also ‘There are too many rivers to cross but I can’t seem to find my way over’ seems I’ll need to burst into song, the real problem is the AFL has lost their carrier pigeons and can’t find their way back home

Lol, well done. I bought a flexi for the ex wife last year, and this year she has renewed herself. And her good friend, who was a fan but not a member, has bought one as well so they can go to the footy together.

I got a tiger snake for an ex-wife, but one look turned it stone. I couldn’t risk the Bombers that way !

I got a tiger snake for an ex-wife, but one look turned it stone. I couldn’t risk the Bombers that way !

You mean a tiger skin jacket !

You mean a tiger skin jacket !

Nope

My ex wife had a membership but I love my seats that much it was pretty well the only thing I was prepared to fight for in the split.

My ex wife had a membership but I love my seats that much it was pretty well the only thing I was prepared to fight for in the split.

Wow, it just occurred to me how awkward it would be if you had seats next to an ex…

Nice one.
Much better value than half-a-house too!

Wow, it just occurred to me how awkward it would be if you had seats next to an ex…

What about having seats next to all of his ex-wives?

Anyone been able to update the EFC app and get the 2017 players? Mine is still showing the 2016 list. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Anyone been able to update the EFC app and get the 2017 players? Mine is still showing the 2016 list. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Hey Hoffy.

My understanding is we are waiting for the AFL to update the team lists.

AFL deliberately screwing EFC supporters again !!!.. (AIDIR?)

Numbers are looking good but at tbe end of the day its all about the dollars. If we have lost a lot of high value members and have only replaced them with 3 game members its not going to yield the revenue the club needs.

I hope we are setting records in money in and the public numbers figure will take care of itself.

Do you honestly think we’ve lost a lot of high value members? This year? pls. Everyone I know is upping their level or maintaining it.

And I do wish people would stop passively sniping the lower level memberships. It isn’t all about the dollars. It’s about being a club people are proud to put some of their hard earned towards in order to be called a member. The lower membership levels are the gateway drug.

I dont know if we have lost a lot of high value members, id hazard a safe guess that over the last few years we have lost a lot of support and i had hoped that they were back this year so we can pay this debt down.
Im glad that you know a few people that have upped their membership though so i think we should be right thanks for those figures.

If the club could run on happy thoughts and pay the bills with supporters posting on a forum i wouldnt care about dollars and care more about comparing our membership figures with other clubs. Since this is the real world however i will put that petty childish behaviour to the side and focus on what actually matters and that is $$ in.

I will never belittle some ones monetary contribution to a club. That is their business of what suits their needs. My staement was only reflective of the bigger picture that whilst we are healing by the looks of things in numbers sold publicly i only hope we are doing just as well in the value taken in because that is what matters.

Anyone been able to update the EFC app and get the 2017 players? Mine is still showing the 2016 list. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Hey Hoffy.

My understanding is we are waiting for the AFL to update the team lists.

Footy live app only updated in the last week or so I think

Not sure what to do AFl membership with club support which I have had for 6 years or Essendon Membership 6 game package.$440 for the AFl membership its alot of coin and living in the bush 300k's from Melbourne I can't see the value in the AFL membership anymore.

Silver or gold?

Silver

Any update on if @robertsharron has had his membership sorted?