2017 membership

I think the most important step is the conversion from supporter to member. I was a supporter for many years before I bought a membership, living in Tassie there simply wasn't any value in it.

I became a member (digital) for the first time ever at the end of 2010. The next year I upgraded to a Flexi… and have continued to upgrade each year until I can’t anymore.

The Club has over 1 million supporters Australia wide. Imagine if just 10% of them bought a membership?

bought my sister a 6 game membership this Christmas. She lives in Melbourne and has a soft spot for Collingwood. Hasn’t spoken about anything but EFC since. Dad was ropable. I told him that you have to choose your own religion but in real footy families you get told who to support.

I think “buy your mate a membership” is the best way to engage those 1 million supporters. Get the hooks into them and watch the love grow.

Lol, well done. I bought a flexi for the ex wife last year, and this year she has renewed herself. And her good friend, who was a fan but not a member, has bought one as well so they can go to the footy together.

I got a tiger snake for an ex-wife, but one look turned it stone. I couldn’t risk the Bombers that way !

My ex wife had a membership but I love my seats that much it was pretty well the only thing I was prepared to fight for in the split.

Wow, it just occurred to me how awkward it would be if you had seats next to an ex…

What about having seats next to all of his ex-wives?

You don’t know how many I’ve had :wink:

I think the most important step is the conversion from supporter to member. I was a supporter for many years before I bought a membership, living in Tassie there simply wasn't any value in it.

I became a member (digital) for the first time ever at the end of 2010. The next year I upgraded to a Flexi… and have continued to upgrade each year until I can’t anymore.

The Club has over 1 million supporters Australia wide. Imagine if just 10% of them bought a membership?

bought my sister a 6 game membership this Christmas. She lives in Melbourne and has a soft spot for Collingwood. Hasn’t spoken about anything but EFC since. Dad was ropable. I told him that you have to choose your own religion but in real footy families you get told who to support.

I think “buy your mate a membership” is the best way to engage those 1 million supporters. Get the hooks into them and watch the love grow.

Lol, well done. I bought a flexi for the ex wife last year, and this year she has renewed herself. And her good friend, who was a fan but not a member, has bought one as well so they can go to the footy together.

I got a tiger snake for an ex-wife, but one look turned it stone. I couldn’t risk the Bombers that way !

My ex wife had a membership but I love my seats that much it was pretty well the only thing I was prepared to fight for in the split.

Wow, it just occurred to me how awkward it would be if you had seats next to an ex…

Did you marry any of them though ?

Any update on if @robertsharron has had his membership sorted?

I was in contact with Robert and the membership department. I trust that it is all sorted now.

Numbers are looking good but at tbe end of the day its all about the dollars. If we have lost a lot of high value members and have only replaced them with 3 game members its not going to yield the revenue the club needs.

I hope we are setting records in money in and the public numbers figure will take care of itself.

Do you honestly think we’ve lost a lot of high value members? This year? pls. Everyone I know is upping their level or maintaining it.

And I do wish people would stop passively sniping the lower level memberships. It isn’t all about the dollars. It’s about being a club people are proud to put some of their hard earned towards in order to be called a member. The lower membership levels are the gateway drug.

I dont know if we have lost a lot of high value members, id hazard a safe guess that over the last few years we have lost a lot of support and i had hoped that they were back this year so we can pay this debt down.
Im glad that you know a few people that have upped their membership though so i think we should be right thanks for those figures.

If the club could run on happy thoughts and pay the bills with supporters posting on a forum i wouldnt care about dollars and care more about comparing our membership figures with other clubs. Since this is the real world however i will put that petty childish behaviour to the side and focus on what actually matters and that is $$ in.

I will never belittle some ones monetary contribution to a club. That is their business of what suits their needs. My staement was only reflective of the bigger picture that whilst we are healing by the looks of things in numbers sold publicly i only hope we are doing just as well in the value taken in because that is what matters.

Hey Bombadear,

we are definitely seeing a mix of our membership types increasing this year. Keep up the good work everyone - but we have a long way to go yet…

Any update on if @robertsharron has had his membership sorted?

Robertsharon didn’t respond to either my public post or the DM I sent him immediately after he posted here, I’m assuming that points to him having sorted it out, if not the offer for contact remains. As Katie mentioned she did get a response.

In my case if it happened, it would be a large noisy crowd.

53,165 today. +186 since Friday means the gap continues to slowly widen Vs last year.

Does anyone know when the membership campaign launches? I assume the TV commercial starting Thursday is involved.

Has anyone purchased the digital or the overseas pack to get the live TV?
Does it cover the JLT games, and has anyone received their login etc… yet?

Thank you

Probably wrong thread
Do members get in for free Thursday night or special seats or do we get anything?

Probably wrong thread Do members get in for free Thursday night or special seats or do we get anything?

Pretty sure entry is free but you need to book…which will include a booking fee of course.

Probably wrong thread Do members get in for free Thursday night or special seats or do we get anything?

Klawdy nailed it - you can guarantee GA for $5. You can reserve a seat for some $$s also. You do get in free if you go to the gate at Etihad on the night, as long as there is capacity.

Personally I hope there is no capacity and a heap of pies get locked out of the gates :wink:

So i got the email with he activation code for my international digital membership, but the page i am directed to does not have the promised ““Enter voucher code…” box under Your subscription”
Anyone had more success than me?

I can’t remember a pre season game ever being a sell out. Just scan in on the night.

If we get to 25k on Thursday that would b remarkable.

18-20 would be my guess.

Not sure what to do AFl membership with club support which I have had for 6 years or Essendon Membership 6 game package.$440 for the AFl membership its alot of coin and living in the bush 300k's from Melbourne I can't see the value in the AFL membership anymore.

Silver or gold?

Silver

Then it depends what number you are in terms of getting full AFL membership.
So i got the email with he activation code for my international digital membership, but the page i am directed to does not have the promised ""Enter voucher code..." box under Your subscription" Anyone had more success than me?

I’m keen to see the JLT but I don’t want to buy it now if its not on the site or doesn’t work.

Klawdy nailed it - you can guarantee GA for $5. You can reserve a seat for some $$s also. You do get in free if you go to the gate at Etihad on the night, as long as there is capacity.

Personally I hope there is no capacity and a heap of pies get locked out of the gates :wink:

Klawdy almost nailed it. Cheers for the proper information Catherine.

I’m planning on just rocking up. If I’m locked out, I’ll walk 200m down the road to my place and watch it on Foxtel!

Did you marry any of them though ?

Yup.
Boots ‘n’ all guy, here.

So i got the email with he activation code for my international digital membership, but the page i am directed to does not have the promised ""Enter voucher code..." box under Your subscription" Anyone had more success than me?

I got it up and running for watching the AFL W games. Just copied the voucher code (just below the blue “REDEEM VOUCHER” rectangle) in the
“SCarey, activate your Essendon Live Pass Subscription”
email I received from the club and then tapped on the blue “REDEEM VOUCHER” rectangle and then entered the code in the relevant box.

I did need to load the app and use my afl.com.au login, but to get it is a fairly standard registration process from memory, and probably need to let the app check your location (works in OZ and NZ IIRC)

The app is set up to cover the JLT series with a countdown to the match appearing on the app.