2017 membership

How ridiculous and totally AFaiL that they'd limit the output on a tablet to a phone screensize though.

And yeah the consumers might have only known last night, but plenty of other people obviously knew but chose to keep hush on the new ‘feature’.

Yep. All about greed from the AFL and media rights.
Again.
I believe it can be cast to a tv full size for those who are able to do that.

I’m not sure about Chromecasting, but you can’t airplay it.

Airplay: Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Telstra’s agreement with the AFL restricts the display of live match videos to the a 7 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size 12 hours after the match conclusion.

Sucks for the people who bought it and makes Telstra’s offering of free AFL Pass for customers pretty useless.

I only ever used it when the Mrs wanted to go to bed early as we dont have Foxtel IQ in bedroom. Although I cant remember if Fox Footy is available on the Foxtel Go app.

deleted

Haha brilliant.

So the club, was happy to take money for digital memberships, promoting tablet use, but now just throw their hands up and say it is nothing to do with us, which they have just done on twitter.

Why cant this club get things right?

Ffs, some of you will blame the club for everything, whether it’s their fault or not. This is happening to supporters of all clubs. The AFL claimed the product was something it wasn’t and the clubs took them in good faith. And no, they can’t do squat because the product is what it is, and comes from the AFL not the club.

If you want to ■■■■■ about it and demand something is done, ■■■■■ to the AFL

So you think they couldn’t have stopped advertising tablet compatibility,? Sent out an email apologising in advance, instead of members finding out the hard way?

If they are selling a digital membership, which is exactly what it is promoted as, then they have to be on top of what the product they are selling is. You maybe happy to settle, but i expect, if i pay for something, it is what i pay for, and if it isnt I dont expect to find out on my own that it has changed.

Unless this was only announced just prior to the first bounce, absolutely no excuses.

So instead of ■■■■■■■■ at other posters who are ■■■■■■ off at mediocrity, try not being such a shill.

Fark me, take a deep breath.
Everybody found out yesterday.
And it’s down to the AFL not the club, it’s part of their media deal apparently.
Blame them for the dishonesty.
Mind you, I don’t give a fark, I have poxtel.

Unfortunately I travel a lot, so Foxtel is a waste of money, and i spent the extra on the digital membership for that reason.

Well that sucks.
Lots of people cancelling AFL live subscriptions, and I wonder how many people, like you, have bought club (all clubs) digital memberships specifically for this feature?
And I don’t blame you for being ■■■■■■ off.

The true height of stupidity/pigheadedness is that they didn’t get out ahead of it. Nah just screw the fans and let the AFL Social team deal with the backlash.

I believe that you can cromecast it on Android phones due to the screen share being through the phone and not through the app.

Airplay etc don’t work.

With regards to the deal it is probably an Exclusive for mobile rights, ipads, tablets, etc wouldn’t have been included in the definition of “mobile devices”. Its ridiculous but it is what it is.

It was similar with Foxtel, at one point last year I wanted to watch a game that was being broadcast on Foxtel. I was able to watch It on my television, I needed to jump in the car and run round the street with my wife. So I chucked Foxtel go on my phone expecting to be able to just tune in to the Foxtel coverage, I could not because they did not own “mobile broadcasting” rights, even though they were showing the game on their main service.

Basically its The AFL charging the providers different money to use their devices. So Foxtel have to buy both the access to games for their main service and Foxtel Go, at least that’s what it would have been, that appears to have changed this year.

I believe that you can cromecast it on Android phones due to the screen share being through the phone and not through the app.

Airplay etc don’t work.

With regards to the deal it is probably an Exclusive for mobile rights, ipads, tablets, etc wouldn’t have been included in the definition of “mobile devices”. Its ridiculous but it is what it is.

It was similar with Foxtel, at one point last year I wanted to watch a game that was being broadcast on Foxtel. I was able to watch It on my television, I needed to jump in the car and run round the street with my wife. So I chucked Foxtel go on my phone expecting to be able to just tune in to the Foxtel coverage, I could not because they did not own “mobile broadcasting” rights, even though they were showing the game on their main service.

Are you sure about that with Foxtel Go? I used it a lot last season and never came across a game that I couldn’t watch.

Airplay etc don’t work.

Are you sure about that with Foxtel Go? I used it a lot last season and never came across a game that I couldn’t watch.
I've also watched games in the past on FoxtelGo, although that was via wifi.
So the club, was happy to take money for digital memberships, promoting tablet use, but now just throw their hands up and say it is nothing to do with us, which they have just done on twitter.

Why cant this club get things right?

Ffs, some of you will blame the club for everything, whether it’s their fault or not. This is happening to supporters of all clubs. The AFL claimed the product was something it wasn’t and the clubs took them in good faith. And no, they can’t do squat because the product is what it is, and comes from the AFL not the club.

If you want to ■■■■■ about it and demand something is done, ■■■■■ to the AFL

So you think they couldn’t have stopped advertising tablet compatibility,? Sent out an email apologising in advance, instead of members finding out the hard way?

If they are selling a digital membership, which is exactly what it is promoted as, then they have to be on top of what the product they are selling is. You maybe happy to settle, but i expect, if i pay for something, it is what i pay for, and if it isnt I dont expect to find out on my own that it has changed.

Unless this was only announced just prior to the first bounce, absolutely no excuses.

So instead of ■■■■■■■■ at other posters who are ■■■■■■ off at mediocrity, try not being such a shill.

Fark me, take a deep breath.
Everybody found out yesterday.
And it’s down to the AFL not the club, it’s part of their media deal apparently.
Blame them for the dishonesty.
Mind you, I don’t give a fark, I have poxtel.

Unfortunately I travel a lot, so Foxtel is a waste of money, and i spent the extra on the digital membership for that reason.

Well that sucks.
Lots of people cancelling AFL live subscriptions, and I wonder how many people, like you, have bought club (all clubs) digital memberships specifically for this feature?
And I don’t blame you for being ■■■■■■ off.

Thank you for all the feedback we were just about to purchase it, now we won’t.

I thought that one of the betting agencies was offering mobile live streaming if you put something like $10 credit in your account - but that was a while ago.

How ridiculous and totally AFaiL that they'd limit the output on a tablet to a phone screensize though.

And yeah the consumers might have only known last night, but plenty of other people obviously knew but chose to keep hush on the new ‘feature’.

I hope everyone is telling them to shove it up their clacker and demanding their money back.

I thought that one of the betting agencies was offering mobile live streaming if you put something like $10 credit in your account - but that was a while ago.
SHEEEEEEESH!

WHYYYYYYYYYY
HAVE I NOT JOINED THE WORLDS BIGGEST ONLINE SPORTS BETTING COMPANY

HEY HANDSOME

If only everybody had read the fine print.

Terms of Use: The AFL Live Official App

By downloading this application, you accept the following terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these terms, you must not download this application.

Airplay: Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Telstra’s agreement with the AFL restricts the display of live match videos to the a 7 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size 12 hours after the match conclusion.

By downloading this application, you accept the following terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these terms, you must not download this application.

That’s not what is on the Essendon website, so get off your high horse

That’s not what is on the Essendon website, so get off your high horse

Settle Petal.

That is what I was (tongue in cheek) pointing out. “Everybody” includes the Club who obviously didn’t read the fine print either.

Any update on if @robertsharron has had his membership sorted?

I was in contact with Robert and the membership department. I trust that it is all sorted now.

Yes I did have a couple of pm’s from Katie Lio 5 weeks ago including this on Jan 12:

"Thanks Robert. I have spoken to the head of membership re: your case and not exactly what they have offered you, which is purely covering the cost of retaining the seat at Etihad stadium to the club.

My understanding is that they are now talking to you via email and I hope you are satisfied with the outcome they are offering.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else."

And I know Emma Quayle also made some representations on my behalf to the club.

Unfortunately, despite these involvements neither the club nor the membership department has bothered reaching out to me. In fact they’ve not contacted me AT ALL despite the apparent claims to the contrary.

No emails (other than junk email extolling the virtues of being an EFC member!), no phone calls, nothing in the mail.

Wasn’t so hard all those years when the club kept sticking their hand in my pocket every time it needed even more money above and beyond our memberships for any of its assorted F/ups.

After 35 years as a fully paid up Social Club member this must be the “reaching out to James Hird and his family” approach. Either that or it’s the “just hurry up and die” approach.

All in all, Disgusting.

Have you tried contacting them? It doesn't sound great, but surely you should also be being a little proactive?

I rang and left a message for the membership manager 3 or 4 weeks ago. Didn’t hear anything. I’ve been very very ill the last 6 weeks so not surprisingly repeatedly chasing the club to give them my money they seem not to want hasn’t been at the top of my list.

In the end I can only go by what others have told me. If I’m told the clubs talking to me/going to contact me its not unreasonable to expect that to be the case.

All in all I didn’t approach the club wanting to suspend my membership for 12 months after 35 years (to which the club originally agreed before reneging on that agreement) because I’m laying on the beach somewhere trying to rip the club for a few bucks.

I’ve been seriously ill for the last 2 - 3 years and haven’t been well enough to get to a game once in that time. But I kept my Silver membership up for the last 2 years to support the players and then the club - when they needed it. And the clubs aware of that.

People have asked if the issue was resolved and while I’ve been too unwell to log in much or follow this up in the last 5 or 6 weeks I thought, not unreasonably, people had asked because they wanted an accurate answer - from me.

As both my father and grandfather were lifelong EFC members, in the end as I have no dependents and little close family left alive this has cost the club many many times more than the cost of my shi*ty little membership.

X wants it to be the most inclusive club - does that include the supporters? Robertsharron , hope you are on the mend and that the stress associated with your membership can be lessened. From what you have said, would not hurt for you to be made a life member.

Hang in there, robertsharron.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but I think you will get more value from coming to Blitz than you will get from yet another AFL franchise.

For example, they have not even dignified my membership email query with a reply for the last week.

But if the Club doesn’t even worry about Jobe and his Brownlow, what chance do the rest of us plebs have?