2017 membership

Is it just me, or is this years card of ■■■■■■■ quality?

Not just you. I agree. The key ring for silver members is very crap quality, and the match fixture that came with the Bomber magazine is not even worth putting on the fridge. The lanyards have declined in quality over he years.

But that is what happens when things are mass produced for less than the cost of peanuts in China.

As I’ve mentioned before, I got sick of trying to sort out a minor detail on my son’s membership - a number of phone calls, and a dismissive guy on the other end of the phone - and I just gave up. As a result, he’s not a member. I know fullfillment departments are outsourced, but as Robertsharron says, it really shouldn’t be that hard.

Hang in there, robertsharron.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but I think you will get more value from coming to Blitz than you will get from yet another AFL franchise.

For example, they have not even dignified my membership email query with a reply for the last week.

But if the Club doesn’t even worry about Jobe and his Brownlow, what chance do the rest of us plebs have?

Do you actually believe the bolded part or are you just trying to be controversial?

This place does my head in sometimes.

So the club, was happy to take money for digital memberships, promoting tablet use, but now just throw their hands up and say it is nothing to do with us, which they have just done on twitter.

Why cant this club get things right?

Ffs, some of you will blame the club for everything, whether it’s their fault or not. This is happening to supporters of all clubs. The AFL claimed the product was something it wasn’t and the clubs took them in good faith. And no, they can’t do squat because the product is what it is, and comes from the AFL not the club.

If you want to ■■■■■ about it and demand something is done, ■■■■■ to the AFL

So you think they couldn’t have stopped advertising tablet compatibility,? Sent out an email apologising in advance, instead of members finding out the hard way?

If they are selling a digital membership, which is exactly what it is promoted as, then they have to be on top of what the product they are selling is. You maybe happy to settle, but i expect, if i pay for something, it is what i pay for, and if it isnt I dont expect to find out on my own that it has changed.

Unless this was only announced just prior to the first bounce, absolutely no excuses.

So instead of ■■■■■■■■ at other posters who are ■■■■■■ off at mediocrity, try not being such a shill.

It means nothing, but i didn’t know about this, nor did a friend who works at Fox Footy digital until last night when it hit social.

The membership department still hasnt sent out an email letting the digital members know. It still remains on the website, and you can still purchase the digital membership.

So they need to get on the front foot instead of just saying it is an AFL thing, as we sell digital memberships, we re responsible for the final product.

Don’t know if things have changed, but I was able to view replay’s of Ess Coll game, and today’s womens GWS - Freo game in full screen on my Samsung Tablet thru AFL Live App.

He would be a great digital membership salesman when it’s fixed.

Utah Jazz NBA player Dante Exum shows his Essendon pride at NBA All-Star weekend in Rising Stars Challenge

Staff writers, FOX SPORTS
38 minutes ago

HE may be an NBA young gun on the other side of the world — but Dante Exum has shown his Aussie roots through his shoes.
The Utah Jazz point guard is in New Orleans for All-Star Weekend representing the World in the Rising Stars Challenge, a clash between the best young players from around the globe.
But the 21-year-old, who grew up in Melbourne, is also a big Essendon fan. So given that his uniform for the game was mostly red and black he decided to show his support.
Exum — or perhaps a friend, we don’t want to assume his artistic talent — decorated his shoes with a fighter jet and the phrase “Carn the Bombers”.
View image on Twitter

Follow

Utah Jazz
:heavy_check_mark:
â€Ș@utahjazz‬
.â€Ș@daanteee‬ Shoe game strong

11:37 AM - 18 Feb 2017

•   26 26 Retweets 151 151 likes

We’re imagining it’s the first time NBA All-Star Weekend has seen anyone say “carn” anything.
Fittingly, Exum is back in action this season after missing all of the previous one, although his absence was due to injury.
Before being drafted in 2014, Exum told Essendon’s club website that he was a lifelong fan.

“I have always been an Essendon supporter and when my brother was born in 1993 they won a premiership so since I was born in 1995 I have always been an Essendon supporter,” Exum said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/utah-jazz-nba-player-dante-exum-shows-his-essendon-pride-at-nba-allstar-weekend-in-rising-stars-challenge/news-story/3abb63732df401240e0cd82576f88325

Maybe my expectations are too low, I just want to be able to scan into games, and see the players have a crack.

Don’t need or care about the quality of the hat, towel, beanie, scarf, lanyard, card, badge

So the club, was happy to take money for digital memberships, promoting tablet use, but now just throw their hands up and say it is nothing to do with us, which they have just done on twitter.

Why cant this club get things right?

Ffs, some of you will blame the club for everything, whether it’s their fault or not. This is happening to supporters of all clubs. The AFL claimed the product was something it wasn’t and the clubs took them in good faith. And no, they can’t do squat because the product is what it is, and comes from the AFL not the club.

If you want to ■■■■■ about it and demand something is done, ■■■■■ to the AFL

So you think they couldn’t have stopped advertising tablet compatibility,? Sent out an email apologising in advance, instead of members finding out the hard way?

If they are selling a digital membership, which is exactly what it is promoted as, then they have to be on top of what the product they are selling is. You maybe happy to settle, but i expect, if i pay for something, it is what i pay for, and if it isnt I dont expect to find out on my own that it has changed.

Unless this was only announced just prior to the first bounce, absolutely no excuses.

So instead of ■■■■■■■■ at other posters who are ■■■■■■ off at mediocrity, try not being such a shill.

It means nothing, but i didn’t know about this, nor did a friend who works at Fox Footy digital until last night when it hit social.

The membership department still hasnt sent out an email letting the digital members know. It still remains on the website, and you can still purchase the digital membership.

So they need to get on the front foot instead of just saying it is an AFL thing, as we sell digital memberships, we re responsible for the final product.

Don’t know if things have changed, but I was able to view replay’s of Ess Coll game, and today’s womens GWS - Freo game in full screen on my Samsung Tablet thru AFL Live App.

The replays are full screen. Nothing has changed & likely won’t from these greedy bastards at afl. They’ve got to fleece fans to pay those $600k+ executive salaries.

If you have android phone & chromecast dongle on tv, then you can mirror phone screen to tv. This gives full screen for live tv, quality bit less than sd.

Last year I was able to mirror my apple phone to the TV and watch via the AFL Live app.

Why would you bother though? Looked like it was playing at <480p and would freeze the video every couple of minutes.

If only everybody had read the fine print.

Terms of Use: The AFL Live Official App

By downloading this application, you accept the following terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these terms, you must not download this application.

Airplay: Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Telstra’s agreement with the AFL restricts the display of live match videos to the a 7 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size 12 hours after the match conclusion.

Who would do a thing like that? No one I know.

May sound stupid but did people try the afl site on the browser on the tablet? I watched the game on the pc with zero issues other than when they turned the stream off two minutes before the game finished.

Its the same afl live pass junk in the app and on the web im assuming?

I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ■■■■ is Saga like.
Be a member and be happy ffs.

1 Like

Stickers are cool, 
 and there’s more than one, 
 but what the hell do I do with the extras??

Jeezuz EFC, 
 as if life’s not hard enough!! Get your shitt together FFS!!

(Am I doing it right?)

My Wife was using my best mates car while she had a new engine installed in her 4 yo Kia (that’s a whole other story). When returning it she asked me to take it back to him. He’s a Cats supporter and with the extra membership stickers I was able to lodge one on his rear window. WTFIT was his response when he saw it. Lol

I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ■■■■ is Saga like. Be a member and be happy ffs.

Here here.

I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ■■■■ is Saga like. Be a member and be happy ffs.

So keep quiet and make sure things never improve?

Here here.

I understand the sentiment as some of the “whinging” is pedantic.
There are many members who are happy to donate/subscribe to the club without considering value and quality etc. because of that feeling of ownership and belonging. However the club, and the AFL, are run as businesses and as such should be open to criticism. Constructive criticism is healthy and should be encouraged.

Stickers are cool, .. and there's more than one, .. but what the hell do I do with the extras??

Jeezuz EFC, 
 as if life’s not hard enough!! Get your shitt together FFS!!

(Am I doing it right?)

stick one over your mouth.

Membership of EFC gives rise to shareholder rights, just as in any other company limited by guarantee, irrespective of status as profit or not-for-profit. If only the AFL had shareholders.

I only get a membership so I can get a new lanyard, stickers and fixture. My ticket and seat are just a bonus.